Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jun 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #1,367 of 1,793
Quote:

It's actually balancing the backend IC side between the -dB & the Rx Mk3 that the volume of the scratching sound increases. I've played around switching back 'n forth between the Rx Mk3 & the standard SR-71b and the SR-71b has less noise but still there. It's just that -dB and Rx Mk3 combination.

I just got a balanced IC between my -dB and Rx Mk3 and the scratching is gone. 

Don't care why - happy it isn't there anymore!

Jun 6, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #1,368 of 1,793
Im charging & using the clas -db(out of my computer) at the same time ....and i was shocked that my unit got so hot(50-55c i think,by touching the unit ),im wondering if this is normal ?doesnt feel like normal :frowning2:

Jun 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #1,372 of 1,793
David at Cypher Labs confirmed that there is a trickle charge from the USB, but the USB is not designed to charge the device. The charger should be used. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #1,373 of 1,793
Quote:
Im charging & using the clas -db(out of my computer) at the same time ....and i was shocked that my unit got so hot(50-55c i think,by touching the unit ),im wondering if this is normal ?doesnt feel like normal
frown.gif

And yes, mine runs pretty warm while charging and using it at the same time. It's normal. 

Something you guys with the 2v version should try, is controlling the volume from your computer and using the line-out of the -dB directly with your headphones. It won't power high impedance stuff, but the output Impedance is very low, near zero, so it will drive quite a bit and sound good with low impedance headphones. And with some headphones sounds very very clean. No need to add an amp in and make the path of the music more convoluted. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #1,374 of 1,793
And yes, mine runs pretty warm while charging and using it at the same time. It's normal. 

Something you guys with the 2v version should try, is controlling the volume from your computer and using the line-out of the -dB directly with your headphones. It won't power high impedance stuff, but the output Impedance is very low, near zero, so it will drive quite a bit and sound good with low impedance headphones. And with some headphones sounds very very clean. No need to add an amp in and make the path of the music more convoluted. 

The analog signal is not amplified and the volume can't be controlled. There are many good amps for low impedance available in the market, and you shouldn't be stingy anymore since you own $699 DAC. :D

Jun 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #1,376 of 1,793
Quote:
The analog signal is not amplified and the volume can't be controlled. There are many good amps for low impedance available in the market, and you shouldn't be stingy anymore since you own $699 DAC.
biggrin.gif

Yes, yes, I know. I think you kind of missed what I was saying. I have many portable amps including the P-51 and SR-71B - not to mention the fact that I work for a high-end amp manufacturer. I was saying connect your -dB to your computer and use your audio player to control the output to the -dB. So you CAN control the volume. 

And this was not a way to be stingy, but a potentially new way to hear your headphones if they do synergize well straight out of the -dB. When you add an amp, you're adding Op amps. That is more stuff for the music to go through. What's the point of an amp? To amplify. But if your headphones can work straight out of the -dB, it MIGHT sound better, and you may not even need an amp. An amp will add it's own sonic signature to the sound. By removing that, you are potentially hearing a cleaner version of the signal. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #1,377 of 1,793
Yes, yes, I know. I think you kind of missed what I was saying. I have many portable amps including the P-51 and SR-71B - not to mention the fact that I work for a high-end amp manufacturer. I was saying connect your -dB to your computer and use your audio player to control the output to the -dB. So you CAN control the volume. 

And this was not a way to be stingy, but a potentially new way to hear your headphones if they do synergize well straight out of the -dB. When you add an amp, you're adding Op amps. That is more stuff for the music to go through. What's the point of an amp? To amplify. But if your headphones can work straight out of the -dB, it MIGHT sound better, and you may not even need an amp. An amp will add it's own sonic signature to the sound. By removing that, you are potentially hearing a cleaner version of the signal. 

Roger that.

Jun 6, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #1,378 of 1,793
Quote:

Ohhhhhhh..........the sound coming out straight from  my clas-db isnt bad at all :),however if i add glacier into the chain,it doesnt make the sound muddy either(i feel like it is even cleaner than the dac alone,but may be the treble that make me feel that way)........really good advice,thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back