Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Oct 26, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #781 of 1,791
Good luck patenting the idea of using mini XLRs to stick adapters onto things, like onto the ends of LCD-2 cables to connect to other headphones.  I've been doing that for years at least on the headphone end, and other people have been doing that (DIYers, businesses) for the connector end to snap on different terminations to cables.  

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #782 of 1,791

Quote:
Good luck patenting the idea of using mini XLRs to stick adapters onto things, like onto the ends of LCD-2 cables to connect to other headphones.  I've been doing that for years at least on the headphone end, and other people have been doing that (DIYers, businesses) for the connector end to snap on different terminations to cables.  

Your headphone cable extenders ROCK!  I got a pair and now all I need is one really super nice cable for all of my headphones.

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #783 of 1,791
Dudes - I have way too many portable devices and I am thinking about buying either a "Powermat" or Duracell "My Grid" for "wireless" charging of multiple devices. Do they also work for headphones amps like SR71B and other devices like HP-P1 / CLAS / iBasso DB2? The HP-P1 and DB2 may be easier since they have the standard USB plug. The SR71B is a bit tricky - it has the standard USB plug but the voltage is a bit different. Not sure about the CLAS and Stepdance which have the round DC plug. 

Oct 27, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #784 of 1,791
Dudes - I have way too many portable devices and I am thinking about buying either a "Powermat" or Duracell "My Grid" for "wireless" charging of multiple devices. Do they also work for headphones amps like SR71B and other devices like HP-P1 / CLAS / iBasso DB2? The HP-P1 and DB2 may be easier since they have the standard USB plug. The SR71B is a bit tricky - it has the standard USB plug but the voltage is a bit different. Not sure about the CLAS and Stepdance which have the round DC plug. 

Idk about the others but CLAS = 5v only.

Oct 27, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #785 of 1,791
Guys, just a quick question. When your CLAS is fully charged, may I know if the green led light start to blink? I read from the instruction manual that its supposed to do that when fully charged. However, mine doesn't, no matter how long I charge it. Everything else functions as it should. Thanks!

Oct 27, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #786 of 1,791
Quote:
Guys, just a quick question. When your CLAS is fully charged, may I know if the green led light start to blink? I read from the instruction manual that its supposed to do that when fully charged. However, mine doesn't, no matter how long I charge it. Everything else functions as it should. Thanks!

Having the same problem. I just let it charge for 6 hours max.

Oct 27, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #788 of 1,791
Yep, people have told me they're a bad business idea since people don't need so many headphone cables, oh well...

Oct 27, 2011 at 6:10 AM Post #789 of 1,791
Quote:

It isn't "blinking" in the sense of turning on and off. It stays on but it alternates from strong to slightly dimmer (both green). This is quite subtle. I usually cup my hand around the rear of the CLAS to block external light. Otherwise I can't tell if it's fully charged or not.

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #790 of 1,791
Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It isn't "blinking" in the sense of turning on and off. It stays on but it alternates from strong to slightly dimmer (both green). This is quite subtle. I usually cup my hand around the rear of the CLAS to block external light. Otherwise I can't tell if it's fully charged or not.

Thanks GG, cooper and fdhfdy! Got it now. Thanks for the tip!!

Oct 27, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #793 of 1,791

Quote:
Yep, people have told me they're a bad business idea since people don't need so many headphone cables, oh well...

Not for you it's not a bad business idea.  If I need adapters or additional stuff, you have enormus goodwill with me and I'm going to look at you first.

Oct 27, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #794 of 1,791
Probably bad business in the long run.

Anyone know if it's a bad thing to leave my CLAS plugged in charging for a couple days straight?

Ado I can't seem to find the battery life info anywhere. Anyone?

Oct 27, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #795 of 1,791

Quote:
That's intriguing as I have a friend who makes cables who has had a patent pending on the same sort of thing for adapting cables for a little while, he mentioned it should be a full patent very soon.. Amazing how different companies think of the same thing eh! As for me I have just got my mini CLAS-LOD and 3.5mm-3.5mm connecters from my custom cable guy and could not be happier. Will post a picture soon but the little silver cables make quite a difference to my ears.
Increased treble sheen, lovely and smooth but crystalline. Noticed the bass has tightened up a little as well and the mids punch forward a little more as well. Extremly happy with the results so far and the chap who made them for me has said he notices increased breathing room and clarity once a good few hours are on them.
I tried it first with just the LOD-CLAS connector and was really surprised to hear it really does make a difference, add in the CLAS to AMP connector and the whole thing comes together.

Ian, congrats mate on those cables. Although I use my own interconnects for my CLAS/DB2/PB2 rig I am using a silver LCD cable from the same source as you and I can tell you that even single ended it sounds nicer by far than my balanced Mogami which I'm sure you'll agree is a well regarded cable. With hind sight I'd have had the LCD cable hirose balanced. I may well do this myself but the cable is such a beautiful thing I wouldn't want to spoil it in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back