CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Oct 28, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #1,321 of 2,468
From Flinkenicks megathread posted by Piotrus :-

"we selected 10 reviewers to participate in providing us with opinion on a pre-production model we've developed recently. Whether it's FIBAE4 or something else - that I cannot tell you. Reviewers don't know driver count nor price range".
All the units are black so you cannot see the components...
May be there is a DD hidden inside :ksc75smile:

Oct 28, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #1,322 of 2,468
Mmmmm.....no idea what’s inside, but anybody else thinks solid black customs look soooo sexy? Like black onyxes...☺️

One for the road...

New prototype, 8-wire AresII, iBasso DX120

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #1,323 of 2,468
@subguy812 looks like your ears are deeper then mine hahaha, you know what they say the bigger the ears the more balanced armatures they can fit. The Custom Art's Unknown custom has arrived at my door step, looks like @piotrus-g has been hard at work again not like he ever stopped. He has been testing and creating something that will make people wonder what he has been fine tuning. Other then what they look like nobody really knows anything about these new ciems, so far what I know is they sound pretty damn good so far. Only time will tell for how I really feel about them, I have a good feeling about them though.
20181028_200410.jpg

Oct 28, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #1,325 of 2,468
Those black shells w/small CA logo are just so sexy. Looking forward to hearing more about these.
The all black is just a classy tuff look. They say it doesn't matter what's on the outside but what's on the inside, I disagree i wouldn't want to stick something that looked like a pickle in my ear.

Oct 28, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #1,326 of 2,468
The all black is just a classy tuff look. They say it doesn't matter what's on the outside but what's on the inside, I disagree i wouldn't want to stick something that looked like a pickle in my ear.

It is classic. The funny thing is when it comes time to design my own CIEMs, I always feel compelled to try something other than classic, nothing crazy mind you. Although I'd rather stick a pickle in my ear than some of the over-the-top designs I've seen out there.

Oct 28, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #1,328 of 2,468
Forgive the potentially stupid question, but are the FIBAE models available as universal or custom only? I've seen the pictures of universals in this thread, but can't find them on the Custom Art website, so wondered if they're for review only.

Thanks.

Oct 28, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #1,329 of 2,468
Forgive the potentially stupid question, but are the FIBAE models available as universal or custom only? I've seen the pictures of universals in this thread, but can't find them on the Custom Art website, so wondered if they're for review only.

Thanks.

Both. You would need to mention that you want universal when you order them. I've asked the same question in the past and it isn't that clear. A universal option in the ordering process would be a better process than adding a note.

Oct 29, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #1,331 of 2,468
Those black shells w/small CA logo are just so sexy. Looking forward to hearing more about these.
"You can have any color you like as long as it's black" :D

Thanks.
Yes, you can - for now, please use online designer to select options you like and then at the check out please add comment that the order is for universal fit
Both. You would need to mention that you want universal when you order them. I've asked the same question in the past and it isn't that clear. A universal option in the ordering process would be a better process than adding a note.
It will be added soon! We have this on our to do list.

Oct 29, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #1,333 of 2,468
Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #1,334 of 2,468
As is always the case, this does a lot of things right however there are a couple of cons, but I think I'll wait to mention those until I see what the other reviewers say.

Or should I say wishes as opposed to cons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back