CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Jan 1, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #466 of 2,468
Well after F1, F2 and now F3 it's time to go higher :) not sure when but there's something exciting in works currently of which prototype I posted pictures on Insta/FB in July.
[Edit because I forgot to address rest of the questions]: F3 has less midrange body compared to 8.2 and it is in my opinion brighter compared to 8.2.
The midrange has similar presence but the bass (100Hz) is around 3dB less in quantity and highs (10-20kHz) have around +10-15dB extra boost compared to 8.2.
Please don't be scared about the highs numbers though, as we are talking range that is not particularly tiring for hearing (5-7kHz).
[Edit2 as the question was for 8Pro not 8.2 - I need some sleep... :p]
Compared to 8Pro the brightness is similar, but the 6kHz peak is controlled much better which in 8Pro was much more prominent, I think the overall highs extension is also better with F3.
Mids are more forward with FIBAE3 than 8Pro, again - more like a 8.2 in terms of presence.
As for thickness, the 8Pros weren't particularly thick sounding and lows were rather fast. F3 is a bit different approach so it has more sub bass than mid bass, while 8Pro had more mid bass than sub-bass. I think mid notes are overall a bit weightier in FIBAE3.

Thank you for yours! Enjoy!

Firstly happy new year to Custom Art and all on Head Fi!

I already have the Fibae 2 and absolutely love them and so It's fair to say I am a Custom Art convert. I really like the description of the Fibae 3 sound signature. However I'm really intrigued by what may be next up on the CA line up as per your hint, For me personally my audio budget is going to be limited over the next couple of years (kids through university!). I can either go for the Fibae 3 now or hold out for what is potentially next up - I won't be able to do both.. I know this is a bit of a big ask but would you be able to give more information on what may be coming i.e. driver count, TOTL CIEM, time scale, price point etc. Certainly if it is going to be TOTL it will be out of my price range.

Anyway thanks for your consideration and if you can't as yet provide any information then no problem.

Jan 3, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #467 of 2,468
@Deezel177 You maybe listening F3 with EffectAudio Thor silver cable or/and other cables EA? If you yes, please write your impressions. I thinking to buy Thor silver.

Jan 3, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #468 of 2,468
@Deezel177 You maybe listening F3 with EffectAudio Thor silver cable or/and other cables EA? If you yes, please write your impressions. I thinking to buy Thor silver.

Unfortunately, my Thor Silver is currently being reterminated for my incoming modded WM1A, but I did get a listen with the Ares II+ as per @kubig123’s recommendation. I have to agree with him; the Ares II+ pairs really well with the F3. It further smoothens the upper-treble peak - making it more forgiving with brighter recordings - and it fattens notes to create a pleasing and musical presentation that pairs exceptionally with the F3’s inherent transparency and decay speed.

Based on how I know the Thor Silver II sounds, I also expect it to pair well with the F3, but I can only confirm it once I get it back from MS. :D

Jan 3, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #469 of 2,468
Thanks for answer. Ares II+ not for me, because like wrote it further smoothness the upper-treble peak is not for me, I very like upper-treble peak in F3. I need add a little body and more engage vocals, not lose ultra fast decay, peak on treble and higher mids.

Jan 3, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #470 of 2,468
Thanks for answer. Ares II+ not for me, because like wrote it further smoothness the upper-treble peak is not for me, I very like upper-treble peak in F3. I need add a little body and more engage vocals, not lose ultra fast decay, peak on treble and higher mids.

That's exactly how I expect the Thor Silver II to sound. I'll let you know when I get it back. :wink:

Jan 3, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #471 of 2,468

I'm listening right now the F3 with Thor ll, and yes the treble are more crispy, the instruments have a more prominent presence without loosing too much information of the vocals and mids.

I still prefer the Ares ll+, but the Thor is a good option if you are looking for a different sound signature.
I would stay away from the Lionheart and Eos, I don't feel they pair as well as teh other 2 cables with this earphone.

Jan 3, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #472 of 2,468
Thanks @kubig123 for your short impressions.

Jan 6, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #474 of 2,468
Jan 6, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #475 of 2,468
I can't imagine selling my F2. Despite the "entry level" price I just love it to bits. The signature just happens to align with my personal preference.
This... I think it is a great signature. I am still waiting for my F3 and really look forward to comparing the the F2 and F3

Jan 6, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #476 of 2,468
Those who want a little more fullness to the bass and midrange without taking away clarity or extension, the Plussound Exo Copper is a lovely cable, it's one of the cleaner sounding copper cables out there and works very well with FIBAE 3

Need to get my Ares II back from my brother to test with my FIBAE 3 though, but I've been enjoying them a lot with my home made Toxic Cables Viper :)

Jan 8, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #477 of 2,468
First of all Happy New Year to everyone!
We are officially back.

Firstly happy new year to Custom Art and all on Head Fi!

I already have the Fibae 2 and absolutely love them and so It's fair to say I am a Custom Art convert. I really like the description of the Fibae 3 sound signature. However I'm really intrigued by what may be next up on the CA line up as per your hint, For me personally my audio budget is going to be limited over the next couple of years (kids through university!). I can either go for the Fibae 3 now or hold out for what is potentially next up - I won't be able to do both.. I know this is a bit of a big ask but would you be able to give more information on what may be coming i.e. driver count, TOTL CIEM, time scale, price point etc. Certainly if it is going to be TOTL it will be out of my price range.

Anyway thanks for your consideration and if you can't as yet provide any information then no problem.
The next one is going to be more bass-heavy IEM, it will also be a bit more expensive one too. It's not going to be TOTL IEM, though.

Jan 8, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #478 of 2,468
We are officially back.

The next one is going to be more bass-heavy IEM, it will also be a bit more expensive one too. It's not going to be TOTL IEM, though.

Having heard pretty much all of your IEMs these past couple years, bass has easily been your play toy; so many flavours, so many variations, yet so much good in all of them. Can’t wait to see how you tune this one! :D

Jan 8, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #480 of 2,468
We are officially back.

Dayummmm that sounds like my kind of IEM! Can't wait to learn more about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back