CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Dec 17, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #406 of 2,468
Fibae 2 and me took a wrong start, due to them being my first ciem. I was a little awkward putting them on and off, stressed out by the fact my ear canals are freaking twisty and small and that Piotr did an amazing job with the seal : they are extra tight and came the pain.

But F2 and I get accustomed to each other. I learned how to put them on and off and get rid of the pressure (I guess) and only stays the comfort.

And guys, that sound, that rythm, that INCREDIBLE rythm... And those amazing bass, you can think there not massively here, but there here only when needed, and all of sudden you get hit on a track loaded of them and there here, so beautifully here.

What a great job !

Dec 19, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #409 of 2,468
77C7F06F-1282-46D8-8538-19E25D6F89A9.jpeg I have received my universal F2 yestreday , first thought was like omg these are so gorgeous , to be honest with you guys they are best looking universal iem i ever had in my audio journey. It’s showcase of creativity and master craftship from Piotr . Communication from beginning to the end been always good , Piotr replies on messages very quick and even after two weeks from my order were placed ,there was no issues at all change connector type , and “ pamper up “ last visual details . Sound wise of F2 is VG , soft and smooth overal presentation, but still detailed and engaging , overal very musical iem , easy and pleasant to listen on the go . Thank you very much Piotr and your team for all .

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #410 of 2,468
I have received my universal F2 yestreday , first thought was like omg these are so gorgeous , to be honest with you guys they are best looking universal iem i ever had in my audio journey. It’s showcase of creativity and master craftship from Piotr . Communication from beginning to the end been always good , Piotr replies on messages very quick and even after two weeks from my order were placed ,there was no issues at all change connector type , and “ pamper up “ last visual details . Sound wise of F2 is VG , soft and smooth overal presentation, but still detailed and engaging , overal very musical iem , easy and pleasant to listen on the go . Thank you very much Piotr and your team for all .

Sweet!!!

Dec 21, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #411 of 2,468
I woke up at 2am to check if my FIBAE 3 had been dropped off by FedEx... It’s here! I’m so excited.

Looks like I’ll be up for the rest of the night!

Dec 21, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #412 of 2,468
I got my FIBAE3. I'm very excited to listening music on F3, for me is the best IEM/CIEM.

Dec 21, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #415 of 2,468
I'll share my thoughts after four hours with FIBAE 3 (before I crashed):

I was looking for a brighter, more analytical IEM, so I was considering the recently released AAW AXH. I enjoyed the AXH's detail, but I found its treble to be a bit too harsh and piercing, so I asked Piotr for recommendations. He recommended I wait for the release of FIBAE 3, so here we are now.

I picked Custom Art's "amaranth" custom color for the shell. My Ei.3 had an Eromanga Sensei design and I was getting funny looks on the Singapore MRT, so I opted for a more clean, discreet design this time around. The finish is very smooth!

IMG_2629.JPG

I've been using my FiiO X5 3rd Gen (0.2 ohms, warm and smooth signature) for the FIBAE 3. I've also been using a Linum BaX cable. I'd like to try my (and everyone's) favorite Ares II, but I broke the 3.5mm jack and I haven't yet sent it back for repairs :triportsad: I am liking the FIBAE 3 + X5 3rd + BaX combo so far, though.

Fit is the best I've had with Custom Art CIEMs so far. I had some issues with seal on my previous Custom Art CIEMs (in hindsight, it most likely wasn't Piotr's fault). My previous audiologist took ear impressions past the 2nd bend, as per instructions. However, my new audiologist took even deeper ear impressions, way past the 2nd bend. I think the extra information gave Piotr's team the ability to make a better fitting CIEM for me. Just goes to show how important good impressions are.

Old impressions:

2015 impressions.jpg

New impressions:

2017 impressions.jpg

As someone who has previously owned Music One, Ei.3, and Harmony 8.2, and currently owns Ei.xx and FIBAE 3... I think FIBAE 3 can be considered to be Custom Art's best CIEM in some respects. The FIBAE 3 is so different from the previous models in that while the other models tend to have more relaxed treble, the FIBAE 3 extends far.

The three things that the FIBAE 3 does better than all the other Custom Art models are separation, soundstage, and detail. The soundstage feels wide and airy, everything is well-separated, and I can hear details I previously didn't hear or barely heard with the other models. In the last 1:10 of the popular Vocaloid song "Just Be Friends" by Dixie Flatline, some high-pitched strings are supposed to appear faintly in the background. With the Ei.xx, the strings are inaudible; they're simply overpowered by everything else. With the Harmony 8.2, the strings are audible, but pushed too far back. The FIBAE 3 renders the strings very audibly, and brings them closer to the foreground than any other model. Despite this, I don't think the FIBAE 3 is fatiguing. I haven't yet encountered a track where I thought my ears got drilled or pierced.

I'm also a fan of the bass: it's present, without being muddy. Previous reviewers have said that the emphasis is on sub-bass over mid-bass, and I kind of like it that way.

Now I wish I was around to try the old Harmony 8 Pro which some reviewers claimed had piercing, metallic treble. Is this FIBAE 3 supposed to be a revival or refinement of that signature?

Anyway, thanks to @piotrus-g for making such a great IEM. I'll be ignoring the girlfriend today :L3000:

Dec 22, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #416 of 2,468
I'll share my thoughts after four hours with FIBAE 3 (before I crashed):

I was looking for a brighter, more analytical IEM, so I was considering the recently released AAW AXH. I enjoyed the AXH's detail, but I found its treble to be a bit too harsh and piercing, so I asked Piotr for recommendations. He recommended I wait for the release of FIBAE 3, so here we are now.

I picked Custom Art's "amaranth" custom color for the shell. My Ei.3 had an Eromanga Sensei design and I was getting funny looks on the Singapore MRT, so I opted for a more clean, discreet design this time around. The finish is very smooth!

I've been using my FiiO X5 3rd Gen (0.2 ohms, warm and smooth signature) for the FIBAE 3. I've also been using a Linum BaX cable. I'd like to try my (and everyone's) favorite Ares II, but I broke the 3.5mm jack and I haven't yet sent it back for repairs :triportsad: I am liking the FIBAE 3 + X5 3rd + BaX combo so far, though.

Fit is the best I've had with Custom Art CIEMs so far. I had some issues with seal on my previous Custom Art CIEMs (in hindsight, it most likely wasn't Piotr's fault). My previous audiologist took ear impressions past the 2nd bend, as per instructions. However, my new audiologist took even deeper ear impressions, way past the 2nd bend. I think the extra information gave Piotr's team the ability to make a better fitting CIEM for me. Just goes to show how important good impressions are.

Old impressions:

New impressions:

As someone who has previously owned Music One, Ei.3, and Harmony 8.2, and currently owns Ei.xx and FIBAE 3... I think FIBAE 3 can be considered to be Custom Art's best CIEM in some respects. The FIBAE 3 is so different from the previous models in that while the other models tend to have more relaxed treble, the FIBAE 3 extends far.

The three things that the FIBAE 3 does better than all the other Custom Art models are separation, soundstage, and detail. The soundstage feels wide and airy, everything is well-separated, and I can hear details I previously didn't hear or barely heard with the other models. In the last 1:10 of the popular Vocaloid song "Just Be Friends" by Dixie Flatline, some high-pitched strings are supposed to appear faintly in the background. With the Ei.xx, the strings are inaudible; they're simply overpowered by everything else. With the Harmony 8.2, the strings are audible, but pushed too far back. The FIBAE 3 renders the strings very audibly, and brings them closer to the foreground than any other model. Despite this, I don't think the FIBAE 3 is fatiguing. I haven't yet encountered a track where I thought my ears got drilled or pierced.

I'm also a fan of the bass: it's present, without being muddy. Previous reviewers have said that the emphasis is on sub-bass over mid-bass, and I kind of like it that way.

Now I wish I was around to try the old Harmony 8 Pro which some reviewers claimed had piercing, metallic treble. Is this FIBAE 3 supposed to be a revival or refinement of that signature?

Anyway, thanks to @piotrus-g for making such a great IEM. I'll be ignoring the girlfriend today :L3000:

Glad to hear everything is alright! Thanks for quick sound impressions
Hmm, not really... I posted some comparison to 8Pro few pages back. 8Pro has much more mid bass and gentle down slope at subbass. 8Pro's highs were also centered around 6-7kHz peak, while F3 has highs more focused on 10-20kHz.
FIBAE 3 has really been designed from the ground up. It was loosely built around (inspired by) STAX signature. I doubt there's any other IEM that has similar signature to F3, maybe ER4XR, but still F3 has more bass and more highs.

Dec 22, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #417 of 2,468
fibae.jpg

Glad to hear everything is alright! Thanks for quick sound impressions

Hmm, not really... I posted some comparison to 8Pro few pages back. 8Pro has much more mid bass and gentle down slope at subbass. 8Pro's highs were also centered around 6-7kHz peak, while F3 has highs more focused on 10-20kHz.
FIBAE 3 has really been designed from the ground up. It was loosely built around (inspired by) STAX signature. I doubt there's any other IEM that has similar signature to F3, maybe ER4XR, but still F3 has more bass and more highs.

I agree with FIBAE 3 sound signature almost like STAX. I very like Stax signature, for me is the best headphones, especially 009 and 507. F3 they have a same fast attack and decay, not soft bass, just as SR-507. Treble are they same like Stax headphones, so expanded, very details, resolution and airily. F3 have sound very ethereally.
Have more subbass than higher bass, all bass have very good layers, resolution and controls, no "boomy" like H8.2. Mids and vocals are good resolution and layered.

For me FIBAE 3 it's so Etymotic ER-4SR with extended treble and better details, resolution, and stage. A little reminds me Pro330v1.

Very thanks @piotrus-g for F3. You know I waiting a few years for this sound signature.

Dec 22, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #419 of 2,468
Quick question : how do you guys deal with the pressure that build up in the ear when inserting the ciem ? It's really annoying.

Try using the CIEMs daily for a week or two. It should give your ears the time to get used to the IEMs. If you still feel any discomfort or excessive pressure after this time, I’d recommend talking to @piotrus-g about getting a refit.

Dec 22, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #420 of 2,468
No discomfort or pain at all anymore, just air pressure that muffle the sound and makes some tiny "air pop" sound in my ears.

I discussed with Piotr about this and he told me that was probably due to too tight a fit. But I was wondering if there was a trick that could help and prevent me from sending them back to Poland :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back