Custom IEMs in Universal form. UERM
Jun 20, 2014 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

barid

500+ Head-Fier
Quick question to anyone out there.  Does anyone know if you can get the UERM in a universal shell rather than a custom mold?

Very interested in this IEM, but I do not prefer custom molds.

Emailed UE about this and they said no, but I swear I've seen universal versions in pictures or at shows to demo.

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 2
I have one in my ears right now. :p But the short answer is no. They don't sell them, but they exist as demos. They probably go through the process of molding the shells with universal nozzles to get a few demo units here and there, but I can honestly tell you from the demo unit I have that a) they are amazing and b) you wouldn't want a universal.

I'm all over universals and don't like the idea of a custom fit processes going badly. However, these are on the bulky side and I find to get the best sound they need to go pretty deep. This isn't ideal with their style. A custom mold of your ear would make the fit seamless. So I can see why they don't sell a universal. People would either complain about poor comfort or bad sound, because they weren't getting the proper fit/seal/depth...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back