Custom Front Panels
Jul 15, 2007 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pageman99

500+ Head-Fier
After jumping through hoops to come up with a custom front panel for my beta22, I find this:

http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/

Isn't that the way. You always find just what you want right after you've spent weeks and bucks doing it the hard way.

Anyhow, I've never used these guys, (and I've no connection whatsoever) so you're on your own. But it sure looks like something we can all use.

And if anyone tries them, let us know how it worked out.

Jul 15, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #2 of 3
Jul 15, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that.

Actually, the frontpanelexpress print and graphics look a little coarse, but maybe that's just the pics.

For my beta 22 I simply went to a local trophy shop where they have laser etching equipment. We used Corel draw to set up the print and graphics, including choice of fonts etc. The etching looks as good as anything by Sony or the other big boys. Then I had a buddy at a machine shop cut the holes for the controls.

The only downside is the the aluminum is pretty thin, only 1 mm thick. So it has to be used like a laminate on a thicker stock panel. So it's not for everyone.

But for my application where we're using an old amp case for a retro look it's a perfect solution, as we just glued the new sheet over the old front panel.

Anyhow, as always, the more choices the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back