CUSTOM EAR TIPS FOR SE535
Dec 2, 2012 at 11:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mrkrob

New Head-Fier
Can someone please describe how one goes about purchasing custom ear tips . Is it necessary to have an audiologist make an impression and then send the impression to a manufacturer? Who in the US are highly reputable makers of custom ear tips?

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Can someone please describe how one goes about purchasing custom ear tips . Is it necessary to have an audiologist make an impression and then send the impression to a manufacturer? Who in the US are highly reputable makers of custom ear tips?

Basically make an appointment at an audiologist (check around as prices vary wildly!), send the impressions (you may also need to send the headphones as well so they can get the fit right on the nozzle), wait x amount of weeks and get headphones back.

As to your other question Fisher (inearz) I think said they do them so may be worth checking with them.  One other option to tips is to do reshelling which turns the whole iem into customs.

Cheers

Dec 2, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 4
I've just learned about the Sensaphonics custom fit sleeve for the se535. I understand that these are made from soft gel silicone. I would like some feedback from those who have used these sleeves.

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I've just learned about the Sensaphonics custom fit sleeve for the se535. I understand that these are made from soft gel silicone. I would like some feedback from those who have used these sleeves.

Sensaphonics is Shure's recommended supplier for custom-fit sleeves. The current design is pretty awesome - low profile, deep insert. Next best thing to a full custom.

Photo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back