Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted)
Sep 23, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #61 of 247
I really would like to purchase one of these adapters seriously please link us also does this degrade sound quality

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #62 of 247
I also would like to know when this will be available. Since Im planning on getting a K712 in the future...or soon lol.

Only thing im concerned is the sound quality, will it change alot or little by the use of the adapter?

Oct 3, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #64 of 247
im 
  Would love to purchase one of these since I just recently bought the Q701s and cannot get the mic to work with them

im starting to feel as if this project was dropped. There has been zero rely or Intel  on this product. 

Oct 3, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #65 of 247
  That would be me :frowning2:

I do have the adapter packaged and ready to ship.  Contacting next person in line to get shipping address.

I'll keep the review part short ... it works.  And I'll be buying two when they're available.

Slightly longer .... I tried the adapter with my AKG 712's.  With my PC, AV receiver, and phone.  In each case it worked flawlessly for both media (music and movies) and voice communications (Skype, Mumble, and Steam).  Set up was easy.  The only real difference i had was connecting the adapter to the headphones - the adapter wasn't as smooth for me compared to the stock cable and connector.  Take that with a grain of salt though.  I am definitely not saying it is difficult, just in comparison not as smooth for me.  Also, this is my first headphones with this type of connection and I would definitely not consider myself "smooth" :D

In the meantime till others get the adpater here are a few snapshots of it installed and in use.

Again, sorry for the delay, and I'll get to the post office ASAP once I have the next address.

@iamstumper , did this get mailed out yet?

Oct 3, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #67 of 247
Nov 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #68 of 247
So I guess it's safe to assume at this point that some unscrupulous Head-fi'er has stolen the test adapter.  Not surprised, but disappointed.

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #69 of 247
  So I guess it's safe to assume at this point that some unscrupulous Head-fi'er has stolen the test adapter.  Not surprised, but disappointed.

Thats really sad. I was hoping that this adapter can be made available for the AKG peeps out there. I want to buy a K712 and this adapter will do me well when i get a boompro mic.

Well hopefully OP can make another one and send it out to legit people to try it out.

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #70 of 247
and the last person to recieved it was practically a lurker and he probably is still in these forums but with a different name. He only posted in 4 threads, 1 which was a classified ad. I say we report this to an admin and keep a close eye on this "guy"

Nov 9, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #71 of 247
im 

im starting to feel as if this project was dropped. There has been zero rely or Intel  on this product. 

There wasn't much interest overall, and yeah both demo units got lost. I've talked with ZombieX, I don't represent him in any way but it seemed like the tour issues made the project not worth it to him, and he's not been very interested in Head-Fi since then.

Thats really sad. I was hoping that this adapter can be made available for the AKG peeps out there. I want to buy a K712 and this adapter will do me well when i get a boompro mic.

Well hopefully OP can make another one and send it out to legit people to try it out.

ZombieX might make more, but I doubt there will be any more demo/sample units. I know of at least two that were sent and lost. If you want one, you'll probably have to pay first.

I didn't end up needing a 3.5mm adapter (bought a USB mic instead), but I did order a cable (made for AKG, posted in this thread) from him and I was happier with that cable than the original that came with the headphone.

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #72 of 247
There wasn't much interest overall, and yeah both demo units got lost. I've talked with ZombieX, I don't represent him in any way but it seemed like the tour issues made the project not worth it to him, and he's not been very interested in Head-Fi since then.
ZombieX might make more, but I doubt there will be any more demo/sample units. I know of at least two that were sent and lost. If you want one, you'll probably have to pay first.

I didn't end up needing a 3.5mm adapter (bought a USB mic instead), but I did order a cable (made for AKG, posted in this thread) from him and I was happier with that cable than the original that came with the headphone.

I have a seperate mic also but convenience and less clutter is a better option for me....although I could order a modmic and sleeve both cables into one, but thats a whole different project.

Nov 10, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #73 of 247
As I was able to try the adapter, and I was extremely pleased with it, if ZombieX makes units for purchase I will be buying two.

Not much more support or endorsement I can give than to vote with my money :D

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #75 of 247
I wonder if he could custom make one, for any person that request so.......

That would be great honestly. Although, thanks to that ****** that ran away with the prototype......its going to be hard for us to get them upon request.

:frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back