Current Grados (regarding a quote from a FS post)
Jan 10, 2007 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jjhatfield

Frank
I saw this quote on a post in the FS forum, the seller was selling a pair of RS-1's:

Quote:

The serial number is 7xx, so they are older Grados with none of the current manufacturing problems.

"Current manufacturing problems?" Did I miss something?
confused.gif
I know I don't read all the posts on Head-Fi, but as much as I do lurk these forums I feel like I would've picked up some inkling of QC going to crap at Grado Labs.

Jan 10, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #2 of 8
He's referring to this and this, which were problems directly associated with the RS-1s The two threads I linked to were posted before you were even a member
tongue.gif
, so I don't think "current manufacturing problems" is quite true. There haven't been any recent reports of tooling problems that I know of.

EDIT: OK, maybe there have been some general problems fairly recently: here, here That said, I've owned a pair of SR325i and used various other Grados in the past couple of years and none of them have ever given up on me. I guess lady luck was on my side.
tongue.gif

Jan 10, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #4 of 8
Took me a whole ten minutes to find the thread because I couldn't remember! Silly me
biggrin.gif
'Grado defect' did it in the end.

I mean no disrespect to Grado Labs since I've experienced nothing but pure joy from using their headphones.

Jan 11, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I didn't realize it's been that long since the late friday RS-1.

Ah, okay I've heard this term around before! Makes sense now. Thanks for clearing this up milk + fitz.

(sorry for the late reply, I lost this thread somewhere in the shuffle.)

Jan 11, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #6 of 8
That's possibly 1 of the benefits of buying a used headphone. It's been inspected by an enduser and the actual condition can be verified in advance.

Grado Labs is A#1 in my book when it comes to Customer Service so if anyone has concerns or problems contact them they are real nice to talk to. Plus there's always the chance of John Grado answering the phone.

How many people get star struck when they realize it's the owner John Grado on the phone then become tongue tied?

Ya know we should give Joe Grado a Life Time Achievement Award for his work with Headphones at the National Headphone Meet this year. It'd be nice to pay our combined compliments to him while we still can.

Mitch

Jan 11, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 8
I don't know if I'd be all that interested in headphones if it wasn't for Grado...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back