CSI TV Series
Sep 25, 2007 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
I really love CSI with Grisham. But CSI Miami, what's up with that show? The red head guy sucks!

Sep 25, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by lextek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really love CSI with Grisham. But CSI Miami, what's up with that show? The red head guy sucks!

Agreed. Grisham MADE CSI and it's not CSI without him!

There is also a CSI:NYC

Sep 25, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippytiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's Grissom, not Grisham!

CSI: Las Vegas is definitely the best, though.

You're right... why the hell was I saying Grisham?

It sounded soo right at the time.

Sep 25, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #5 of 14
Yeah the original blows the heck out of the Miami version. David Caruso (Horatio) is so damn cheesy its actually funny to watch. He tries way too hard to put on a tough/"cool" demeanor which makes him look like a total meathead.

Sep 25, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah the original blows the heck out of the Miami version. David Caruso (Horatio) is so damn cheesy its actually funny to watch. He tries way too hard to put on a tough/"cool" demeanor which makes him look like a total meathead.

Heres Jim Carey doing Caruso: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glvGfQnx3DI

Looks like Caruso is going to be the next Walker.

Sep 25, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ohhh, so that's what he was going for...

Sep 25, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #8 of 14
Well, in Miami's defense, it wasn't always as silly as it is now. It seems like they've dialed up all the schlockiest aspects of the show, from Emily Proctor's increasingly low-cut wardrobe to David Caruso's pause-heavy delivery. But then, I can't even watch New York; it bears almost no resemblance to the city I live in. I've always wondered about the accuracy of Las Vegas, but most of the time it's done so well that questioning it seems moot.

Sep 25, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #9 of 14
There was an article in the New Yorker about CSI's, and how unreliable fingerprint and fiber etc. evidence is in real life. In fact CSI on as presented on TV is almost entirely fictional.

Sep 25, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was an article in the New Yorker about CSI's, and how unreliable fingerprint and fiber etc. evidence is in real life. In fact CSI on as presented on TV is almost entirely fictional.

An eye opener.

Sep 25, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #11 of 14
You mean not all real life female CSI lab people are steaming hot?

Sep 26, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean not all real life female CSI lab people are steaming hot?

Well, the New York City CSI lab looked like a storage room with a few microscopes sitting on a cluttered table, and no the CSI pictured was not very hot at all.

Here is the article if you care to read it:
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...fa_fact_toobin

Sep 26, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #14 of 14
David Caruso is not just cheesy, he is an absolute ham. When my wife and I watch it, very rarely, we nearly fall out of the chair laughing he is so bad. As for some of the lines. My favourite is when the bald detective stands on a land mine, David Caruso's line, delivered with great solemnity and pomposity is, "Frank, don't move". Comic line of the year! What an idiot.
blink.gif

cheers
Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back