CRT Flat Screens?
Jan 1, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #16 of 21
how about a nice bluray... that way you get both

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no... that would be mine... KV40XBR800 304lbs without the stand (the stand is another 70lbs)

I've got one of those too, once it settles on the carpet you are never moving it lol. Has some discolouration on the sides (from the speakers I'd imagine) otherwise it's great.

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #18 of 21
What stands are you using with these 34" widescreens? I can't find anything really anymore that is that early 2000's silver
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #19 of 21
I can't stand the image ghosting of LCD's, and even worse, the weirdo looking 120 - 240Hz upsampling thing.

I ended up with Plasma, energy inefficiency and heat be damned.
smily_headphones1.gif

The main issue I have with CRT's is the very high frequency noise they output, I can't stand it.

-Ed

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got one of those too, once it settles on the carpet you are never moving it lol. Has some discolouration on the sides (from the speakers I'd imagine) otherwise it's great.

i hurt my shoulder when i scooted it out from it's corner so i could hook up my AVR

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't stand the image ghosting of LCD's, and even worse, the weirdo looking 120 - 240Hz upsampling thing.

I ended up with Plasma, energy inefficiency and heat be damned.
smily_headphones1.gif

The main issue I have with CRT's is the very high frequency noise they output, I can't stand it.

-Ed

Damn, can you really hear the noise from a scan rate of 1080i or 480p? I can hear the old 480i sets loud and clear, but my HD CRT tube has always been nice and quiet. Aren't the HD vertical scan rates > 30kHz?

I'm with you on the LCDs - the smearing on motion sorta kills the whole advantage of HD. A good plasma is seriously nice, but I'm trying to hold out until my tube finally dies. It's funny seeing them go for $200 (used) now - I paid a bloody $2k. HDTVs are a seriously high depreciation item
smily_headphones1.gif

I put sliding feet under my TV stand - makes it easy to move the whole 260+ lbs shebang, whether on caret or wood floors. Now, getting it OFF the stand is a whole 'nother issue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back