crinacle's IEM FR measurement database
Dec 26, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #17 of 1,335
As you can see from my curves, my mid-point always seems to hover around -36. Your IT03 measurements seem to have a -24 midpoint.

Yes, I see that. With AudioTools, I can see the actual SPL that I'm measuring in dB. I adjust volume to keep it around 90dB for consistency across various IEM. In short, I think you're measuring at much quieter levels than I am. Can you download a simple SPL app and check how many dB your IEM are outputting when your rig is all set up? 

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #18 of 1,335
I got my white noise file from here converted to wav on foobar. Just played it in the background and adjusted until overall is within +/-0.9.

Don't have my rig for now so I won't be able to do any measurements for the next two-three days.

Dec 28, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #19 of 1,335
Will be going down to The Adelphi for a second round of measurements tomorrow. On the agenda: FitEar, JH and UE customs, various chi-fi IEMs and a bunch of more mainstream IEMs to beef up the catalogue.

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #20 of 1,335
Cool thread! I'm in. Thanks for starting it @crinacle
beerchug.gif

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #22 of 1,335
Behold, the big update!

Special thanks to Jaben for the opportunity. Feel free to request for any re-measures for any units that you think may have inaccurate curves.

Round 2 Favourites: UE18+, QDC 5CH

And as historical reference, Round 1 Favourites: Rhapsodio Galaxy V2, Oriolus Forsteni

Dec 30, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #25 of 1,335
You're definitely awesome. I was wondering the differences between the new 8 driver JH13V2 and 6 driver Rosie. It's all clear now. 

It's a little less aggressive and has a slightly better soundstage as I understand it. The 3K peak improves the stage and half off the peaks at 3-5K are gone that would make it less aggressive.

Dec 31, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #26 of 1,335
So... I forgot to bring my dongle with me to the shop today. Also the dongle is sold out at every single outlet. Greeeeaaaat.

Well I'll be back next week anyways, so expect measurements from 64 Audio, Cosmic Ears, Empire Ears, Jomo, Rhines etc. just to name a few. Round 3's going to be customs all around.

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #27 of 1,335
Hey guys, crinacle and I have been chatting behind the scenes, and I'm going to be adding FR Curves for IEM I've got. In the past, I've used the AudioTools app extensively and have a thread describing my technique (LINK). AudioTools displays the data a bit differently but allows for direct comparison of FR Curves to compare L/R Channel matching and compare IEM against each other.

So, I'm thinking I could add in both the raw L/R Channel measurements from AudioTools and also the FFT Plot measurements for one channel since it doesn't allow overlaying FR Curves.

And if anyone wants to request a direct comparison of two or more IEM whose FR Curves is uploaded, I can provide overlaid FR Curves normalized at 1khz from AudioTools. For those in my collection, I could also measure with different tips to give you an idea of what tip rolling did for various IEM. My responses might not be immediate, but I'll try my best to respond in a timely manner.

Cheers,
Nikolaus

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #30 of 1,335
iBasso IT03

My first contribution. iBasso IT03 with included medium single-flange wide-bore tips.

Channel Matching with AudioTools app.

Very good channel matching!

IT03 vs. Campfire Orion and Jomo 6R Averaged L/R Measurements with AudioTools app.

I'm using those as two different takes on a "reference" sound signature.

IT03 R Channel measurement with FFT Plot app.

Remeasured the IT03 in Spectrum Analyzer iOS app by Onyx with my IMM06's calibration file applied, with White Noise from Spectrum Analyzer's tone generator, mic sensitivity set to 0.4, and measuring for 2 minutes. This looks better to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back