Creative Zen V Plus vs. Sandisk Sansa e200
Oct 29, 2006 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Brohken

100+ Head-Fier
Can someone advise me which one to get?

I am looking to buy the 4gb version of either one. What's important to me is being able to drag and drop music*, good sound quality, durability, battery life, and price.

I'd also like it if there was no pause between tracks, but thats negligible. the video feature of each player is not something I'll be using much, but if which player would be easier for me to convert and watch something? Who knows I might get bored and use it once.

Right now the edge goes to the Sansa only because it seems to be cheaper (i can get it down the block for $149.00), and has a bigger screen. I don't want to completely forget about the Zen V, because it looks smaller and Creative makes a good product. Although only the Sansa seems to be UMS (for drag and drop), the Zen V seems to support it as well:

Quote:

Originally Posted by *
If you have Windows XP and the latest updates, you can drag and drop your music on to the V. It works just fine but it is not as seamless as a drag and drop UMS drive. I really would like to see Creative add UMS support for their players so transferring music is more transparent and can be used with operating systems other than Windows XP.

So all in all, both look VERY similiar to me. Please give me your opinions.

Oct 29, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 9
the zen V is not UMS. it is MTP. that means it is drag and drop on windows XP for media files. it won't show up on other operating systems and i believe other file types may not work and you can make a separate partition for them.

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 9
zip is correct. you can only drag and drop with the software installed.

the sansa has a UMS mode.

personally, i like the Sansa better, but Creative's products seem to be a little more reliable than the Sansa's.

Oct 29, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14
zip is correct. you can only drag and drop with the software installed.

the sansa has a UMS mode.

personally, i like the Sansa better, but Creative's products seem to be a little more reliable than the Sansa's.

well looks like ill go with the sansa. yea it might be less reliable but I am getting it literally 1 block away (I live right next door to J&R). So if something is wrong I guess it won't be much of a hassle to return/exchange it.

Oct 30, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #5 of 9
The Zen V has a better form-factor than the sansa, imo. It's nicer to hold and is extremely small. On the other hand, the Sansa has a bigger and better screen, UMS, and expandable micoSD slot. They're both retail priced around the same, but you can probably find a better deal for Sansa if you look around.

Oct 30, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by painkiller
The Zen V has a better form-factor than the sansa, imo. It's nicer to hold and is extremely small. On the other hand, the Sansa has a bigger and better screen, UMS, and expandable micoSD slot. They're both retail priced around the same, but you can probably find a better deal for Sansa if you look around.

Personally, I found the asymmetry and the small joystick of the Zen V a little cumbersome to use. Though its GUI is much easier to navigate than Sansa's.

Nov 1, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #7 of 9
I am also considering these two players, how does sound quality compare witht hte two of them. I've heard the creative is quite good and the Sansa is good. Anybody listedned to both and knows how they compare?

Thanks

Nov 1, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #8 of 9
I have listened both, both have great sound quality.

Here is the RMAA I done on Zen V, a very good result for a MP3 player.

Frequency response (from 40 Hz to 15 kHz), dB: +0.36, -0.27 Good
Noise level, dB (A): -91.6 Very good
Dynamic range, dB (A): 91.5 Very good
THD, %: 0.0069 Very good
IMD + Noise, %: 0.015 Very good
Stereo crosstalk, dB: -92.6 Excellent
IMD at 10 kHz, %: 0.024 Good

Zen V has a better form factor, and the GUI is better. There is an option I used often is checking the MP3 file information such as encoding bit rate, etc.

Sansa has better screen, and file scrolling is faster too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back