Creative X-Fi Go! Pro, ASUS Xonar U3, or Turtle Beach Micro II?
Aug 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AudioAficionado

Head-Fier
Hello all,

I am posting because I cannot which one of three computer USB sound cards to buy. They all have their pros and cons, so I do not know which one choose. I play a minor amount of gaming, and I mostly play music at high bit rates. I'm looking to possibly use the sound card for budget DJing. Could you give me a recommendation please?

Creative X-Fi Go! Pro: 
Pros- Good artificial 3D sound on external speakers (as per a reviewer on Amazon.com)
Cons- Creative 3D sound is worse than Dolby Digital Headphone 3D sound on the ASUS Xonar U3; sound card better for gaming than music (as per a reviewer on Amazon.com)

ASUS Xonar U3:
Pros- Better for music than gaming (as per a reviewer on Amazon.com); Dolby Digital Headphones 3D sound
Cons- a bit bulky in size

Turtle Beach Micro II:
Pros- compact and fits side-by-side with another USB device on adjacent USB ports on a laptop; has optical Toslink output and 3.5mm output
Cons- questionable sound quality production

Thanks!
--AudioAficionado

Aug 31, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
What headphones do you intend to use with the USB DAC ? Or do you only need a line output for an external amplifier ?

Hello stv014,

I intend to use the sound card to connect to a pair of Sennheiser HD 448's, a 30-watt RMS harmon/karden 2.1 speakers, and the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 200-watt RMS speaker system, as well as possible DJ equipment, which could include on-site built-in PA systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back