Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Oct 19, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #3,136 of 3,608
Apologies if this has been asked before, I'm wondering if anyone can let me know if the X7 can handle sound from 2 different sources and play them at same time?

Just bought a PS4 Pro (not got it yet) and would like to be able to have game sound via optical and PC sound (for discord mainly) playing at the same time.

Is this easily do-able? and if so, are there any known limitations?

Thanks for any help.

Oct 20, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #3,138 of 3,608
You can even set volume balance between each source so that e.g your Mac is always louder than the game.

Nov 12, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #3,143 of 3,608
I assume the big pink NO means that there’s something wrong with X7?

Lol, mine's fine with no white noise. I use the XM7's too.

Big pink letters were in response to your big red letters.

"No” was the response to your query, it's not normal.

Nov 12, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #3,146 of 3,608
did you put your ears really close to the speakers with no input? do you hear any mild white noise?

No.

Dead quiet

Haven't got the mic on it open or something?

Nov 14, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #3,148 of 3,608
I recently changed my Beyer T1 for a Xelento IEM. When plugged into the X7 there is an annoying hissing on the right channel. I tried changing the Op-Amps, swapped the USB-Port, the power supply, but everything is to no avail. If I mute the X7, it is gone.

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this issue?

Nov 14, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #3,149 of 3,608
I recently changed my Beyer T1 for a Xelento IEM. When plugged into the X7 there is an annoying hissing on the right channel. I tried changing the Op-Amps, swapped the USB-Port, the power supply, but everything is to no avail. If I mute the X7, it is gone.

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this issue?
Had a similar issue after opamp swap. It went away after I plugged the power supply of my router into a different power strip than the one X7 was plugged into. If your X7 is plugged into a power strip try unplugging other devices.

Nov 20, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #3,150 of 3,608
I was wrong My XM7 is not faulty, the Noise I was hearing on my XM7 was the noise floor of X7(constant hissing). I am surprised the noise is really audible when I put my ears close to the tweeter. I am now 100% sure because I bought another brand new XM7 and SB X7 and found that Hissing noise is still there(with no input).

I am now wondering whats really causing this constant hissing? and Is there any way I could eliminate this noise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back