Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Mar 29, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #1,532 of 3,608
That link sent me to the JAM page at first. I dunno.

Works now.

Still has the same problem of it defaulting to speaker upon turning on, so not sure what I upgraded for.

Yes. Many people are still having volume control issue even with the Feb 16th 2016 firmware fix.

http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=741662

So. Currently X7:

- Volume control issues with headphone out NOT fixed (beware of blowing out your ears!)
- Still no SBX Pro processed Stereo output via digital output (from discrete 5.1 sound source input)

This is not the performance one expects for the price one is paying, imho. Bought BlasterX G5 myself :-D

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #1,533 of 3,608
This forum look like a wet dream of a web developer from mid-nineties.

Apr 3, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #1,539 of 3,608
It has issues when it wants. Sometimes I can turn it on and it will switch to headphones without issues, other times I have to manually unplug the headphones and plug them back in for the X7 to allow me to switch between speakers/headphones.

These are things that need to be QC'd before release.

As it stands, the X7 is a potential headphone killer, in that it can go to driver killing volunmes due to the stupid inability to confirm headphone/speaker differences at times.

I feel safer just not using it anymore. Don't need to kill expensive headphones sent to me for demoing, without any liability from Creative.

Apr 3, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #1,541 of 3,608
I'm gona say no. Creative would've announced it, and it would've been obvious like it is on the newer device that has that feature.

Apr 3, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #1,542 of 3,608
Are the issues still linked to Windows 10 sound drivers, or is it the X7 itself?

Also mental note to self, don't use my X7 for speakers.

Apr 3, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #1,543 of 3,608
Are the issues still linked to Windows 10 sound drivers, or is it the X7 itself?

Also mental note to self, don't use my X7 for speakers.

I've been using them with speakers for a year now and didn't have any issues.

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #1,545 of 3,608
Is there any advantage of one mic over another on PS4 with this? I would use the Boom Pro if I was sticking with Mixamp but Modmic seems to be more versatile and I could possibly use with my AKG as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back