Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG + Toslink + aptX + recording + more.
Sep 21, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #1,966 of 2,345
Hello,

I just got one a E5 and it works fine via bluetooth on both my Notebook and my Nexus 5x Smartphone. Already tryed the App and loving it so far.

But I can't get it to work via usb. Windows does not recognize it at all, and the driver will not install, because it says no supported device detected...Can't do a firmware update, because it says it requires the drivers...

Same for trying it to get to work via OTG on the Smartphone. It is recognized, because it starts charging and the pop-up, where I can select how the USB-Device should be treated pops up, but even though I select Midi, it doesn't play the music. Tryed it both ways, via USB-C to Micro Cable and with Micro to normal USB...

Any Ideas? It especially bugs me, that it won't work in windows

Sep 21, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #1,967 of 2,345
  Hello,

I just got one a E5 and it works fine via bluetooth on both my Notebook and my Nexus 5x Smartphone. Already tryed the App and loving it so far.

But I can't get it to work via usb. Windows does not recognize it at all, and the driver will not install, because it says no supported device detected...Can't do a firmware update, because it says it requires the drivers...

Same for trying it to get to work via OTG on the Smartphone. It is recognized, because it starts charging and the pop-up, where I can select how the USB-Device should be treated pops up, but even though I select Midi, it doesn't play the music. Tryed it both ways, via USB-C to Micro Cable and with Micro to normal USB...

Any Ideas? It especially bugs me, that it won't work in windows

I've tried it on three windows computers (two laptops and my desktop - all running Windows 10) and it was immediately recognized each time. Do you have the Creative Software installed prior to plugging it in? 

Also "OTG" means you're NOT using the USB host port (regular sized USB port). OTG means you're going micro usb to micro usb. The included cable with the E5 is not an OTG cable it lets you use the E5 in host mode with a phone. Using an OTG cable won't actually charge the device. 

The one problem I've had is when using the host mode I can't get it to stop charging my phone. I double click the power button and it blinks but the phone keeps charging (Galaxy Note 5). Anyone else had this issue? 

Sep 21, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #1,968 of 2,345
The one problem I've had is when using the host mode I can't get it to stop charging my phone. I double click the power button and it blinks but the phone keeps charging (Galaxy Note 5). Anyone else had this issue? 

Very, very well documented Android system constraint.

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #1,969 of 2,345
I don't have any creative software installed on my computer prior to connecting...
Okay then I used the wrong term. Using the usb host port I can't stop it from charging the phone. Using the OTG (USB C to Micro) my phone starts charging the E5. But I can stop the E5 from being charged by the phone by pressing power twice like mentioned in this thread. Can't get it to play music either way.

Sep 22, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #1,971 of 2,345
Blackhawk2k

1. You have to install the creative software on everything you will use it with, computer, phone, player, tablet.
2.  Make sure the E5 has been updated, one of the updates was for the double tap turn off.
3.  The double tap did work for me to turn off the charge mode.
4.  You should be able to connect micro to micro between the devices with no charging.  You may need an OTG micro B cable though.
5.  If your source has a good DAC, bypass the E5's DAC by connecting it through the 3.5mm line in with a good IC cable like the black dragon. This set up sounded the best to me, better than the mojo.

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #1,972 of 2,345
Thank you for your Input @golfpro. Got it to work on the Laptop just using another Micro-USB Cable. The firmware installed was already the newest one.

On the Smartphone however... I Already tried to use a OTG USB C to B Cable, but did not work either

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #1,973 of 2,345
Same settings ( post#1963 ) but with a different song .

Camouflage - The great commandment ( Live version ) not studio .

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/d2h3GET5rBw[/VIDEO]

Studio version original MV .

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/k6s1-caKRtQ[/VIDEO]

Choose your preferred version .
But careful not to have your iem trashed :L3000:

Sep 23, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #1,974 of 2,345
Have so much fun tweaking the SBX EQ on my mobile . A little bit of extreme Eq tuning for the songs below is necessary .

I love to feel the way how my 14.2mm dynamic kicking that subwoofer like bass through my ears .

A slightly difference with the previous settings . It suits E5 or paring up with the mojo .

Pick 3 of my most favorite songs to attach with the SBX settings above .
Songs by Electrico and The great spy experiment . My most 2 beloved " Singapore " local band of all time .

Perform by Electrico - " Love in New wave " followed by " faces "
Studio version .

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/lTrXFJVKSlU[/VIDEO]

Electrico - " Hails to the friends " MV Version .

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/gt4dvBRGMdE[/VIDEO]

The great spy experiment - " Class A love affairs "
Quality with this song on YouTube is not very desirable .
If you're on spotify , best

https://open.spotify.com/track/6AevTEvmcqwBpphXK39mja

MV Version .

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/gWGj9vMbYEE[/VIDEO]

Happy Eq and enjoy the weekend dudes ! :L3000:

Sep 24, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #1,975 of 2,345

I've tried it on three windows computers (two laptops and my desktop - all running Windows 10) and it was immediately recognized each time. Do you have the Creative Software installed prior to plugging it in? 

Also "OTG" means you're NOT using the USB host port (regular sized USB port). OTG means you're going micro usb to micro usb. The included cable with the E5 is not an OTG cable it lets you use the E5 in host mode with a phone. Using an OTG cable won't actually charge the device. 

hi,

That is not an issue, it is a standard connection from "E5's USB Host" to your smartphone's USB type-B. It will always charge your smartphone, therefor you will need another source of power to keep the E5 steady ... In this case I use Xiaomi's 5000 mah Powerbank

If you updated your E5 firmware to the latest version, and then connect USB type-B port on your E5 to your pc / laptop / smartphone you can use the "double tap" feature to stop charging your E5
But this is only apply to USB type-B port on your E5, not on normal size USB port (the one that has "USB Host" written on top of the port)
That normal size USB port will always charge your smartphone and you cannot use the double tap feature on latest firmware

I had this question once and got answered on Creative's Forum :wink:
---

Okay,
Here is my "Work and Play Station" :wink:

Using E5 as DAC connected to my W510 ThinkPad, listening tidal HiFi on my laptop ... and at the same time, connected my smartphone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 ) to E5 via bluetooth ...
I can work and listen music from my workstation and when my wife calls ... I can received the call and talk to my wife ...

Truly a ONE DEVICE  TO RULE THEM ALL, mwahahahahhahahahahaa

Sep 24, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #1,976 of 2,345
Saturday sound blast fever :L3000:

All hail to the HTC + E5 + Mojo + ASG 2.5 :point_right: Top notch true listening experiences .

Enjoying :point_right: Muse " Live " on my all time " FOC " favorite YouTube channel .

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/cplL6Dabj0M[/VIDEO]

Life can be short by not having enough Bass .. or Eq :xf_eek:

You can prolong that youth by keeping that Bass Strong and EQ going :L3000:

Sep 25, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #1,977 of 2,345
A couple of hip-hop rapping for my morning rush hour .
Rap by our Singaporean rapper Kevin lester a.k.a " The lion city boy "whom is better known and beloved by the locals .

My 1 and only OTG options consists of HTC mobile + E5 + ASG 2.5 .

One of my saved primary Sbx eq settings on my E5 for my genres of rap / hip-hop music.

On Bluetooth aptx .
Main Volume control on HTC mobile anything from 40-70% depends on mood .
Speakers Volume 90% on E5 SBX central
Bluetooth volume 90 on E5 SBX central
On high gain .

Never been a fans of any hip-hop rapping music after Mc hammer , vanilla ice , milli vanilli etc .. until our lion city boy comes into the scene .

Now let's Jama :point_right: overdrive , and :point_right: Put your city on !

Enjoy !

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/CJCEkOGDKEI[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/FdkdDJzniTA[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/MfZ8aZbH8xo[/VIDEO]

Sep 26, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #1,978 of 2,345
hi sir. can i check where is the creative forum which you mentioned? i still trying to figure if the micro usb-b to micro usb-b cable can be use to inter-connect between my smartphone and the E5 :frowning2:

cheers

Originally Posted by aoitenshi6509 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hi,

That is not an issue, it is a standard connection from "E5's USB Host" to your smartphone's USB type-B. It will always charge your smartphone, therefor you will need another source of power to keep the E5 steady ... In this case I use Xiaomi's 5000 mah Powerbank

If you updated your E5 firmware to the latest version, and then connect USB type-B port on your E5 to your pc / laptop / smartphone you can use the "double tap" feature to stop charging your E5
But this is only apply to USB type-B port on your E5, not on normal size USB port (the one that has "USB Host" written on top of the port)
That normal size USB port will always charge your smartphone and you cannot use the double tap feature on latest firmware

I had this question once and got answered on Creative's Forum :wink:
---

Okay,
Here is my "Work and Play Station" :wink:

Using E5 as DAC connected to my W510 ThinkPad, listening tidal HiFi on my laptop ... and at the same time, connected my smartphone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 ) to E5 via bluetooth ...
I can work and listen music from my workstation and when my wife calls ... I can received the call and talk to my wife ...

Truly a ONE DEVICE  TO RULE THEM ALL, mwahahahahhahahahahaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back