Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG + Toslink + aptX + recording + more.
Jan 20, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #2,191 of 2,345
Hi, I think the sound is at least comparable to the latest iPhone if not more. So I wouldn't branded it as horrible. But the more i listen to it, the normal it feel.

Guys, I can't believe how much u talked about Creative Sound Blaster E5! You forget the elementary thing that an audiophile needs! The audio! How that thing sounds? It makes you cry of happiness or of madness? 
I bought E5 and it made me cry. Because is one of the worst things i ever heard! The sound? The sound it's just so bad that even a 10$ speakers sound better than E5. Indeed it has a lot of features and don't have so much bugs, but all that are useless if the sound is so bad! The software? SBX and the rest? It's so useless
I'm extremely disappointed about this product. 

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #2,192 of 2,345
  Guys, I can't believe how much u talked about Creative Sound Blaster E5! You forget the elementary thing that an audiophile needs! The audio! How that thing sounds? It makes you cry of happiness or of madness? 
I bought E5 and it made me cry. Because is one of the worst things i ever heard! The sound? The sound it's just so bad that even a 10$ speakers sound better than E5. Indeed it has a lot of features and don't have so much bugs, but all that are useless if the sound is so bad! The software? SBX and the rest? It's so useless

The E5 isn't a speaker. What are you using it with? 

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #2,193 of 2,345

Wow , registered today . 1st post .

Good , Bad or useless . Take all that as a experience dude. Ha

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #2,194 of 2,345

Your opinion. Mine is the opposite, sound is great, digital processing is top notch, no bugs, great functionality.

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #2,195 of 2,345

what headphones r u using?
how did u connect to the E5?
and the source?

Jan 20, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #2,197 of 2,345

Sometimes, you find people with an agenda to push forward, which are so friggen trolley, that they can't even create a fake anti-product comment.
Now crawl back into the hole you came from.

Jan 20, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #2,199 of 2,345
147 pages of people for the vast majority happy with the sound ... if you had explained a little bit better how your E5 connections are, and in which way the sound feel bad for you, you might have gotten better acceptance and help from members.
Instead, as first post, you chose to simply troll over w/out any explanations of sort.

Jan 20, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #2,200 of 2,345
I have a pair of HD6XX coming my way in the next few days. I'm looking for an amp/DAC to use with them. My source player will for the most part be my iPhone 7 Plus and sometimes my laptop. My head has been spinning with the amount of options out there, but the E5 is of interest to me for a few reasons. It's really reasonably priced at $160 on Amazon (and to make things even better, I always get Amazon gift cards for Christmas so that would cover most if not all of it) and it's got a ton of features. For anyone who has tried it, is this powerful enough to drive HD650s and is it a good pairing? I looked at tons of different options including less portable gear like a Schiit stack (I don't need anything portable for the HD6XX), and on it's face the E5 seems like the best value out there. 

Edit: I should also add that one of the draws is that it's a MFi device and it means I won't have to mess with the camera connection kit to use my iPhone with it.
It's a great pairing, and there's plenty of power.

Jan 21, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #2,201 of 2,345
Hey guyz, still determining the best AptX config.

Can the E5 take in 7.1 channels, convert all the channels to stereo (not stereo to 'surround effect' but binaural surround) and then send that out via Bluetooth?

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #2,204 of 2,345
I took a look at the EQ panel in the software for you - it appears to affect both channels.

I do however combine my VOX EQ with some of the settings in the creative software, essentially you could run two EQs - but again, that would affect both channels.

There are two inputs on the front of the DAC, there's a solution for you in there somewhere. :)

Jan 25, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #2,205 of 2,345
Hey guys, this is my first post here. I've owned the E5 for about 4 months and have been using it with a pair of Koss Porta Pro and have recently got a pair of hifiman he-400i to get some better use of it. However I get an annoying hissing sound when it's plugged in via USB, it's the same when plugged in with the lightning cable to my iphone 5. Toslink works perfectly fine on my computer but I lose volume control :/. Is the problem the actual cables or is it the output on the iphone/computer? Any way to get the same volume control using the Toslink as USB? Would be very thankful for help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back