Creative EP-630
Feb 21, 2007 at 3:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

gbadude

New Head-Fier
I'm really interested in purchasing a pair, all of the reviews I've read rated these ear phones very highly, especially for its price. I'm wondering how well they isolate the sound when you're on a plane? I want a decent pair of earphones, but it has to be under $50. One of the things that I really want is to be able to hear my music on a plane, these stock earphones from iPod and what not just aren't doing it. Thanks!

Feb 21, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #2 of 28
I never used mine on a plane, but I was using them everyday on the bus going to work and they isolated a fair bit of noise as well as sounding pretty darn good. I have since upgraded and my wife uses these now when we are traveling with the kids, and she manages to ignore them pretty well, so I would think they would work for you.

Feb 21, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #3 of 28
They'll help, but the engine noise is pretty hard to overcome. I use mine at the gym and they reduce the other noise and music, but not nearly as much as my iM616s. You might also consider getting some Marshmallows (FX33s) with Shure tips. The soft-flex tips on my FX33s isolate a bit more than my EP630s, and the sound is pretty comparable. FX33 + tips is probably about the same price or less than EP630.

Feb 21, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #4 of 28
My EP630 with stock tips isolate quite well although not so much as a true IEM.I'm thinking about getting the UE eartips-foam or flange.AFAIK they fit EP630/CX300 and may offer more isolation

Feb 21, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #6 of 28
I bought them from ebay but i was careful to buy from US (far east is a no-no) and in a retail packing:i got this
of-1.jpg

i hope they are real they don't sound bad though
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #7 of 28
my ep-630 works great!
smily_headphones1.gif
they sound good and isolate well! you can also check out the marshmallows, they are cheaper and sounds very good. the only reason i don't have them is that it is not available here
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #8 of 28
EP630 sounds horrible imo. but not before i own im716 and other higher end IEMs. at the same price range, CrossRoads MylarOne and OVC TC20 will trash it...

Feb 22, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #9 of 28
I used these this summer and they isolate fairly well on planes. I managed to hear all of my music with the volume barely more than a quarter of the way up. I would say they are the best out there in that price range.

Feb 22, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EP630 sounds horrible imo. but not before i own im716 and other higher end IEMs. at the same price range, CrossRoads MylarOne and OVC TC20 will trash it...

some people are getting trashed fake ones even in retail packaging over ebay. and plus there isnt CRMO or TC20 here in N.America

Feb 22, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by _M2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
some people are getting trashed fake ones even in retail packaging over ebay. and plus there isnt CRMO or TC20 here in N.America

nope... i live in Singapore and i got mine off Creative HQ in Singapore.

Feb 22, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #12 of 28
The Creatives are good for what they are -- for example, I like them a lot more than stock iBuds ... better sound, but maybe as important, better fit ... at an affordable price. By plugging into the ear canal they will isolate a bit of noise -- certainly more than earbuds would. If or when you can afford it, an in-ear monitor such as the Etymotics ER6i or Westone UM1 would provide more isolation and better sound in a small form -- but you'd be spending around $90 - $100 (U.S.).

So the Creatives would represent a very good value in a "starter drug" earphone for you. They won't truly isolate on planes and busses and trains, but with music playing at a reasonable level they'll certainly work more effectively than stock earbuds would.

Feb 28, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by eduj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My EP630 with stock tips isolate quite well although not so much as a true IEM.I'm thinking about getting the UE eartips-foam or flange.AFAIK they fit EP630/CX300 and may offer more isolation

I just got my EP630 yesterday and found they do not isolate noise as much as I had expected and I was wondering if I can get improvement via other tips with different materials and/or better fits. How much do these UE tips run?

Feb 28, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #15 of 28
Mine were shipped on monday, so they should be arriving sometime soon. I already have UM1s but theres are for uses in which they might get lost/damaged. Ill give you my impressions soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back