Creative Aurvana new range of headphones to be released!
Nov 10, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #17 of 18
Why's that? The Denon AHD 1000/1 were the best under $150 out there at the time. Sounding better then the M50s and the like.
And no the CAL does not sound like the Denon. Even tho the are basically the same can. The Denon is cleaner sounding from top to bottom. My thoughts is it has to do with the Denon cups being a little deeper and a better cable. Side by Side the Denon is better.
No question about it.

InnerFidelity review says the opposite and the CAL! sounds a bit improved over the Denon 1001.

Looking at specs I think CAL! and CAL!2 are same driver but CAL!2 is improved ergonomically, larger cups, better styling, etc.

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #18 of 18
  InnerFidelity review says the opposite and the CAL! sounds a bit improved over the Denon 1001.

Looking at specs I think CAL! and CAL!2 are same driver but CAL!2 is improved ergonomically, larger cups, better styling, etc.

No this is where I don't agree with T on this, The Cal is darker and muddier. But they are basically the same, the difference. The Denon is built with better plastics, (Stronger), Better pads, cable ect.  The Cal is good but I don't know what T is hearing? Maybe he likes the darker sound?
 The Denon to me just sounds more dynamic, the sound is cleaner and more open. My reason or thoughts, for one
The Denon is just built with better parts, which effect the sound, The cable, the better pads,  the one piece cups, (Cal is 2 pieces )the inside felt is thicker on the Cal with muffles them more.  But they both lack up against the Denon D700
(Pic 1st Com)
Denon AHD1001, Cal, Denon D700

Users who are viewing this thread

Back