Crazy Sashimi Technique?
Aug 4, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #2 of 41
It took her a while to swallow it.
cool.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #5 of 41
What? Does the fish regrow that flesh, and they keep trimming off more flesh later? Could this be a renewable meat source? LOL.

*Edit: Apparently not, rest of fish eventually fried for food. Still an interesting concept, though. Animals with no central nervous system harvested for meat, hey, at least they get to live, unlike many vegetables that are slaughtered all the time.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Aug 4, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #7 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*Edit: Apparently not, rest of fish eventually fried for food. Still an interesting concept, though. Animals with no central nervous system harvested for meat, hey, at least they get to live, unlike many vegetables that are slaughtered all the time.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Is that what they were talking about at the end of the video (my japanese comprehension is too basic for that)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
Besides the person eating it looks like they're going to puke

I don't think he was feeling sick or anything like that, but more like he was amazed that the fish was still able to swim (normally, from the look of it) despite having had its flesh sliced off.

Cheers!

Aug 4, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #8 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If that isn't cruel I can't imagine anything that would be.

Besides the person eating it looks like they're going to puke.

Mitch

Doesn't look cruel to me because fish don't feel pain, and that actually looked delicious.

Aug 4, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a guy. A guy with really feminine, delicate features.

I wasn't sure.

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #10 of 41
It does look kinda creepy to see a fish mutilated and perhaps looking back at you as you eat it's flesh. Sashimi taken to a new level perhaps.

It's also possible to eat sashimi pieces from the fish while it's still alive and on your plate. I saw that on TV a while ago.

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #11 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It does look kinda creepy to see a fish mutilated and perhaps looking back at you as you eat it's flesh. Sashimi taken to a new level perhaps.

It's also possible to eat sashimi pieces from the fish while it's still alive and on your plate. I saw that on TV a while ago.

I wouldn't doubt it...I've seen people throw live octupi in their mouths while they were still squirming and trying to grab their faces. Man it was creepy.

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #14 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've eaten fish head before, including the eyes. It's good actually but never tried it raw.

I've tried the eyes before and they weren't bad, but I don't eat them anymore because it creeps me out.

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't doubt it...I've seen people throw live octupi in their mouths while they were still squirming and trying to grab their faces. Man it was creepy.

It's done in Korea, I believe. You have to do it right so said octopus can't suction on the inside of your throat and choke you.
eek.gif

Not something I'd be willing to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back