Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Nov 28, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #7,381 of 12,347
oh gosh...IMO your wasting your dollars on power cords, but if thats your thing..there are many power cords that can be wired in. Check the Bottlehead crack forums...

The speedball upgrade is well worth it.

Alex

Nov 28, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #7,387 of 12,347
The laying flat rather than right out of the top would be nice. Will this work for the crack without any trouble?:

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=7676

Does the AWG # matter for matching the right one to the crack?

Nov 28, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #7,388 of 12,347
I like a right angle power cable, but it has no real bearing to the actual sound quality that I am hearing....Speedball or things that muck with the circuitry have more affect on the sound that a upgrade of a power cable....nice, functional but thats about it.

A.

Nov 28, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #7,389 of 12,347
The laying flat rather than right out of the top would be nice. Will this work for the crack without any trouble?:

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=7676

Does the AWG # matter for matching the right one to the crack?

That's the on I'm using. You could always try a"better" power cord see if it sounds better to you. Remember it depends what it's plugged in to .....

Nov 29, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #7,391 of 12,347
Does anyone know why there are different AWG wire sizes???

Why doesn't it matter with the crack?

Would that power cord ever be used for another household appliance?

hmmmmm..

A.

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #7,392 of 12,347
AWG is just a measurement of how thick the wire is. The thinner the the wire the higher the resistance of the wire due to smaller cross sectional area. Most decent cords will have a awg that will meet the safety standards. So if you're asking if it will work yes it will work and it doesn't matter. But if you're asking if it matters to the sound then its a very controversial topic to discuss. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back