Cozoy Astrapi Portable DAC Amplifier India Tour Application Thread
Jun 11, 2015 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Faheem

100+ Head-Fier
A friend of mine @toxicdrift  who  bought a Cozoy Astrapi  Portable DAC Amplifier is arranging a tour for the nifty little DAC and I will be helping him with the same . If you're in India, are a 100+ Head-Fi'er or higher, and would like a chance to try out the product , please reply to this thread with the following:

- Your location (city and State): 
- Headphones / IEMs you own: 
- Music sources (DAPs, phones) you own: 
- Portable amplifiers you own: (if any)
-Reviews on head-fi if any : ( not necessary )

Initially, 5-6 applicants will be selected. You will not be required to write a formal review of the product ( though you are most welcome to write one), but would be helpful for other members as well if you will at least provide your feedback and experience of the product in the impressions thread.

Rules:

• Tour participants will be able to keep the unit for 6 nights, and will forward it to the next participant on the 7th day after receiving it (so if you receive it on a Tuesday, you ship it the following Tuesday).
  • ​The product will be shipped with the original box and accessories. Please do not lose anything from the package. You should be able to pack it well in a sturdy box with good enough packaging (which may come with the product you receive) and also ship it using a reputed Transportation service with tracking .
  • If you're in the same city as the next participant you can meet to do a handover if you like. Please pass on the packaging as well.
  • When you receive the product , please mention in this thread.
  • If you are the next person on the tour, please PM your contact details to the person before you as soon as you see they've received the product (that way they have your info well ahead of having to ship it to you when it's your turn). This will help avoid unreasonable delays and keep the tour on schedule.
  • When your week is over, please ship the product to the next participant WITH TRACKING. Please provide tracking details to the person you ship it to as well as keep me or @toxicdrift in the loop.
  • If you would like to post a review, post it on the review page here (http://www.head-fi.org/products/cozoy-astrapi ) and link it in thread. If you don't wish to do a formal review, some impressions on the impressions thread would be appreciated
  • The last person on the tour will ship the Astrapi back to me, unless further tour participants are added.

Will welcome entries till 30th of June or until the tour unit arrives , whichever is earlier .  Since we do not have a official distributor/ reseller in India yet  , we might consider a Group Order for the product if enough people like it and are interested in buying it at a discounted price.

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 12
Would like to apply. :)

Location - Mumbai (bandra)
Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Yamaha YH-100, Yamaha HP-2, Coolermaster Pulse-R,
IEMs - RHA MA350i, Audio Technica Sports3, Soundmagic ES18
Portable source - Xaiomi Mi3, Sandisk Fuze
Reviews - http://www.head-fi.org/t/467111/beta-brainwavz-review
              - http://www.head-fi.org/t/534009/denon-d5000-vs-grado-sr225-vs-audio-technica-m50-vs-sennheiser-hd650-impressions
              - http://www.head-fi.org/t/457968/hippo-vb-vs-crossroads-woodie-2-vs-head-direct-re1-review

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #3 of 12
I'll be interested. While I haven't done any formal reviews on head-fi I've posted some mini reviews, though never maintained the links... oh and I do some photography as well. http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/942929/my-eargear-eyecandy/
Anyways.

IEMs : Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, Havi B3 Pro I, KZ ATE, KZ ED9, SoundSoul S-018, TTPOD T1E, KZ ED8m, KZ EDSE, VJJB V1, KZ ED3, KZ R1, VJJB K1, Sony XB90EX

Sources : Xduoo X2, Gionee Elife E7

Amps : Topping NX1

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #4 of 12
I would be interested. Though no that active here, been playing with lots of IEMs and DAPs over last few years.

- Your location (city and State): Mumbai
- Headphones / IEMs you own: Audio Technica ATH M50X, M35, AD300, AD500, Grado SR60, Shure SE215, Mrice E100, E300, TF10 (out of commission for now)
- Music sources (DAPs, phones) you own: Fiio X3 2nd Generation, Sansa Clip+, HTC One E9+. Xiaomi Mi 4i

Currently have no portable DAC / AMP. My old Fiio died and since them I am looking for one.

Jun 15, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #5 of 12
Thank you for organizing this @Faheem, @toxicdrift.
The requested details are below. Hope I get selected.

-Your location (City and Country)
  1. Bangalore, India

-Headphones / IEMs you own: 
  1. Fostex T50RP planar magnetic
  2. HiFiman RE-272
  3. DUNU Titan 1
  4. HiFiman RE-400
  5. Ostry KC06
  6. Signature Acoustics O16 Live
  7. LG Quadbeat 2
  8. Sony MH1C
  9. Vsonic VSD1S

-Music sources (DAPs, phones) you own: 
  1. Geek Out 450 USB DAC/AMP
  2. Sansa Clip Zip
  3. LG G2

-Portable amplifiers you own: (if any)
  1. None....yet

-Reviews on head-fi if any : (http://www.head-fi.org/users/290634/reviews)
  1. Signature Acoustics O-16 Live Review : Setting the Stage
  2. RE-400 Waterline review : Audiophile kill, Budget bullet
  3. VSONIC VSD1S Review: Kaboom for your buck: The all-rounder prodigy
  4. xDuoo X2 : Watch out Sansa!

Jun 20, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #6 of 12
Your location (City and Country) : Bangalore, India

Headphones / IEMs you own: IE8i, TF10, Mi Pistons and apple oem

Music sources (DAPs, phones) you own:
- Iphone 6
- LG G3
- rMBP 2014

Portable amplifiers you own: (if any): None

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #7 of 12

The Astrapi has landed ! :D   Will be trying them out until 1st week of July and start shipping them to the final list of people who have enrolled for the tour . Hope to see some more enthusiastic people joining in . 

Jun 23, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #8 of 12
  The Astrapi has landed ! :D   Will be trying them out until 1st week of July and start shipping them to the final list of people who have enrolled for the tour . Hope to see some more enthusiastic people joining in . 

Awesome. Do let us know your first impressions 
smile.gif

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #9 of 12
Let me say, you are in for a treat!

Jul 5, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #11 of 12
^  Coming from you , that means a lot . I still have a  iBasso D4 Mamba on my desk with the HiFlight kit op-amps on it :wink:

Thanks! Your D4 is still a very solid performer.

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #12 of 12
My best wishes. Even though I don't qualify it gives me as a audio enthusiast much pleasure to see such efforts made in India. We seldom see audiophile grade audio equipments officially here. Kudos for your efforts guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back