Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS!
Nov 13, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #706 of 789
So what magic is going on within this this little device then?

Without spilling out the beans, I think what Cozoy has done is implemented a a circuit similar to that of the cracked / bypassed MFi chip in order to work without CCK, then followed by an USB receiver+ DAC chip which is MFi certified (which probably also help to work without CCK), but instead of converting the digital signal in the chip, it is sent to another DAC chip (so the USB receiver+DAC chip only works as USB receiver) for the D-to-A conversion. Last but not least, there is either an opamp or a buffer stage before the output. The USB receiver and the DAC chips are both quite well received in HF actually and we have seen them on different USB DAC before. So it is less of a magic but more of a clever use of parts.

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #709 of 789
I am finding that Relisten is app is giving me the most control over volume whilst using the Aegis.

Also tried stock, flacplayer and kaisertone.

Yeah it's a great option.
I liked kaisertone myself. Using the gain to lower the volume range then just using the volume steps on the phone. Using the gain instead of volume in kaisertone if needed to finely adjust.

It's great there are good apps out there that solve the volume steps when using dacs like the aegis

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #710 of 789
so they want you to use apps

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #713 of 789
Cozoy Aegis works also with CCK!
But you DON'T NEED a cck. But science...

It plays 24/192 natively but hey, had to try it anyway.

More on the blog.

Dec 1, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #714 of 789
late comer to the club. my usual portable setup is ak120+pico slim (pretty outdated already). iem's are sm64, shure 846, jvc ha-fx850, jh13 classic. I tried this when I was window shopping at HK audio shop last week.. Being out of this world for quite sometimes, I was really surprised to see how far I was behind. So decided to bought it for the sake of it. the JVC was with me on the trip and it paired well even though the ak120 setup still ahead by quite a margin.

The sm64 is terrible with this, still dark and sounded like "out of breath", dark.

JH13 classic is just okay, still prefer the ak120 setup

Shure 846 really came alive on this, fr lack of better word. Hair to hair with the ak120 setup.

Hate the battery drain but like most of the user here, just stop listening to the music while have the phone charge with powerbank. I really dont mind with this since I only listen to my portable when I travel, not on daily basis. So what I did is just stop listening to the music while the phone is charging, which can be a good thing to avoid ear fatigue.

What amazes me is how the heck the engineer at cozoy came up with such a small devices that can really transform your phone to whole new level, well actually whole few levels up sq wise,mustve been some vodoo stuff going on here. This device save me the carrying a separate DAP whilst traveling and suit my listening habit. My other gripe is price, I bought it at around $280 which I considered expensive, but again the way this thing transform my phone is just amazing.

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #716 of 789
good review thanks

Dec 27, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #719 of 789
What is the output impedance on the little amp section of this dac. I have the sad feeling it is too high for my preferred iem:grimacing:

4 ohm
but to me it sounds like 2 ohms just louder cause it doesnt help bring out bass on higher impedance headphones. but i dont know for sure

Dec 27, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #720 of 789
  COZOY AEGIS giveaway!

http://headpie.blogspot.jp/2015/12/head-pie-and-cozoy-christmas-giveaway.html

Would like to join but I can't seem to find your Facebook page. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back