Cowon S9 - Where to buy in Hong Kong
Oct 15, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #2 of 7
Oh, you won't find it in Hong Kong my friend. Won't find it at all. In fact, no one there seems to have ever heard of the brand "Cowon" or "iAudio". I was in Hong Kong over the summer (on vacation) and tried for several days around Mongkok's shopping district (and surrounding areas) and none of the shop employees or owners had ever heard of Cowon/iAudio. Even after tediously explaining to them it's a Korean electronics company that produces PMPs and DAPs and showing them my D2 (with the logo clearly on the backside), most of them shrugged me off.

Oct 15, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #4 of 7
check this out for places selling the S9 (with prices)

Cowon S9 - MP3 / PMP æ’*放機 - 隨身數碼 - 香港æ*¼åƒ¹ç¶² Price.com.hk

you might want to have someone translate this for you when you are in HK (assuming you don't read Chinese)
regular_smile .gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #5 of 7
go to Yahoo! Auctions HK, best way to find stuff in HK.. (use online translator for help navigating) Then just send message to the seller, all the transactions are done hand to hand in the MTR (subway)

Otherwise, try the computer mall in Wanchai (google it) or the one in Mongkok (same thing, google) it's near a shop arcade where you can find the headphones usually seen on this forum, for very good price I believe (don't mention fakes, they are not very popular here, even hard to find)

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, you won't find it in Hong Kong my friend. Won't find it at all. In fact, no one there seems to have ever heard of the brand "Cowon" or "iAudio". I was in Hong Kong over the summer (on vacation) and tried for several days around Mongkok's shopping district (and surrounding areas) and none of the shop employees or owners had ever heard of Cowon/iAudio. Even after tediously explaining to them it's a Korean electronics company that produces PMPs and DAPs and showing them my D2 (with the logo clearly on the backside), most of them shrugged me off.

That's because you went to the "special tourists" or wrong shops probably
tongue.gif
. In HK, it might be easy to find gadgets anytime and anywhere, and they might be asian (
jecklinsmile.gif
), most of shop staff/owners are ignorant of what they are selling, same as everywhere in the world. Even the most popular shop called "Fortress" sell Cowon products (bought my X5 there). But the biggest issue in HK is space, product life or trend is limited, you can't find them after a while. As I said in my previous post, Yahoo Auctions is the best place (especially for brand new stuff, from shop accounts)

Nov 8, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #7 of 7
Well I might have jumped the gun in my conclusion above. I haven't checked out these places, but if you go on Cowon's Global Website and click "Where to Buy" > "Asia" (on the Flash map) > "Hong Kong", it lists a few places that supposedly sell Cowon products.

You'd have to call or go to each of those places and check to see if they would even carry the S9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back