Cowon Plenue P1
Aug 18, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #1,488 of 2,974
Would you say the ZX2 is more detailed than the P1? Because I've seen other posts saying it was the other way around.

I have both and rate both very highly.
If you can get them for the same price then the ZX2 wins because of battery life.
Interestingly I returned a AK380 for a refund as I thought it no better and actually worse in terms of adding music.

Aug 19, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #1,491 of 2,974
  @proedros
I'd just like to add that I personally don't think the P1 is warm. I think a more accurate description is that it's neutral/analytical (allowing for lots of detail) but with a smooth tonality. I think it will pair nicely with analytical iems (although my Velvet isn't really analytical, more neutral) because you can here the smooth character of the P1 through them, providing a nice synergy. 

I also have an Arrow (5P) which pairs very nicely with the P1 even though the P1 doesn't have a real line out. 

@flinkenick, I think your description is better than mine regarding "warmth'. I have mine paired with A83, and 2000j.

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #1,494 of 2,974
I have both and rate both very highly.
If you can get them for the same price then the ZX2 wins because of battery life.
Interestingly I returned a AK380 for a refund as I thought it no better and actually worse in terms of adding music.

Hmm. It would be nice to try the ZX2, although I think it is down to sound preference whether one is better than the other, and wow, you returned the AK380!! Isn't it supposed to sound "better"?......and how does it add music?

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #1,496 of 2,974
AK380 is expensive but it doesnt mean everybody will like its sound. I didnt like how the AK240 sounded at all but it does look nice.

its so confusing those daps, and i have been reading and reading but the more i read the more i get confused

some people say zx2 is warmer and others say p1 is warmer
some say p1 is better in sq and other say zx2 is has better sq

i am surprised you did not like ak240 while in another statement you said you liked ak100ii, so does that mean to your ears ak100ii sound better than ak240, and in what way

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #1,497 of 2,974
  its so confusing those daps, and i have been reading and reading but the more i read the more i get confused

i am surprised you did not like ak240 while in another statement you said you liked ak100ii, so does that mean to your ears ak100ii sound better than ak240, and in what way

I feel similar. I am very tempted by the P1. Also finding the upcoming DX80 and QP1 extremely promising products.

But the more I read about in the different threads I believe I can stick to my Sony A17. I rather invest the money for an upgrade of my earphones.

I believe at this level of DAPs there is no real "better or worse" SQ. It's just your personal preference of sound signature. All these nowadays DAC chips produce topnotch quality. 

Aug 19, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #1,499 of 2,974

In the last two months I've been trying (god bless Amazon) in the following order:

iBasso DX90, Cowon Plenue M, AK100ii, Sony NW-ZX2 and Cowon P1.

First of all....I don't consider my self an audiophile...I'm just someone who really enjoys listening to music as much as I can in the best possible way.
Well, apart the iBasso DX90 and the AK100ii, I found the other daps to be pretty good to the point where is not that easy to decide which one is the best.
I'm currently using a Westome UMPro50 and a Shure SE846...and my Oppo PM-3 are on the way!
biggrin.gif

Right now I'm using both Sony zx2 and cowon p1...it's just really a matter of taste, haedphone/iem pair and extra features in my opinion.

Talking about extra features: the zx2 has a long lasting battery, wifi and bluetooth and android, while the p1 has direct DSD decode and does support practically any kind of music file formats (even ape, cue sheets and iso).
Talking about SQ, last night I was performing some AB with those two daps and my iems: both perform really well with UMPro50 and SE846.
IMHO the zx2 has a little bit more forward highs than the p1 while the p1 has a little bit better mids. These are subtle differences...I'm not even pretty sure I could really write down what I mean, as English is not my mother tongue.
tongue_smile.gif

I'm waiting my OPPO PM-3 (should be here by this evening!) to decide which one to keep.

Well...just my 2 cents!
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 19, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #1,500 of 2,974

In the last two months I've been trying (god bless Amazon) in the following order:

iBasso DX90, Cowon Plenue M, AK100ii, Sony NW-ZX2 and Cowon P1.

First of all....I don't consider my self an audiophile...I'm just someone who really enjoys listening to music as much as I can in the best possible way.
Well, apart the iBasso DX90 and the AK100ii, I found the other daps to be pretty good to the point where is not that easy to decide which one is the best.
I'm currently using a Westome UMPro50 and a Shure SE846...and my Oppo PM-3 are on the way!
biggrin.gif

Right now I'm using both Sony zx2 and cowon p1...it's just really a matter of taste, haedphone/iem pair and extra features in my opinion.

Talking about extra features: the zx2 has a long lasting battery, wifi and bluetooth and android, while the p1 has direct DSD decode and does support practically any kind of music file formats (even ape, cue sheets and iso).
Talking about SQ, last night I was performing some AB with those two daps and my iems: both perform really well with UMPro50 and SE846.
IMHO the zx2 has a little bit more forward highs than the p1 while the p1 has a little bit better mids. These are subtle differences...I'm not even pretty sure I could really write down what I mean, as English is not my mother tongue.
tongue_smile.gif

I'm waiting my OPPO PM-3 (should be here by this evening!) to decide which one to keep.

Well...just my 2 cents!
tongue_smile.gif

The P1 EQ works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back