Cowon Plenue D
Mar 29, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #2,026 of 4,949
Very true. Speaking of the M2 I see you rate it above the PD etc, I too am curious about this device. I wonder if u can answer these 3 quick questions (without derailing thread);

1) Does it allow for song rating or bookmarking a 'favourite'? Yes, but I haven't figured out how to. As I usually with all my players don't add favorites to create a playlist, I have never looked into it.. I see the little heart to favorite an item, but not sure how to select it. I did it once.. I just need to try and remember how I did it.. Lol..

2) Does it allow for Lyrics to be displayed? Again, the answer is yes.. But Not sure how to navigate to bring them up.

3) Does it have EQ, if so how easily/quickly can u toggle different EQ presets? It does have an EQ, It's very easy to get to. I usually hold the back button which is the "Down" direction on the scroll wheel. That will take you directly to the main menu, if you're in the "Now Playing" screen. Then you go to "Play Settings" then the next screen has the option for EQ settings. You start off by selecting a preset, the just like the Fiio X3ii, you can adjust it and exit to save the changes. Very simple. I'm sure the other two questions you asked are equally easy.. Like I stated earlier.. I don't ever set favorites on ANY of my players.. Nor do I have the lyrics on my of my songs.. I attempted to add some to a couple tracks.. Guess we'll see what happens. It's about to be 1am here.. I am heading to bed. But I will try in the morning to get you the answers you are seeking.

Mar 29, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #2,027 of 4,949
  Since I got the Plenue 1, I'm always taking it with me no matter the size, it's impossible to resist to such a realistic, pure sound. Plenue D is fantastic, but will be returned tomorrow :)

One of my All time favorites! and I've tried a lot of them. Only thing that would make it better is a bigger battery. Couldn't keep the Plenue D after I've gotten used to the P1's sound even with the D's great battery life.

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #2,028 of 4,949
One of my All time favorites! and I've tried a lot of them. Only thing that would make it better is a bigger battery. Couldn't keep the Plenue D after I've gotten used to the P1's sound even with the D's great battery life.
Enjoy your P1 and enjoy the P1 thread.

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #2,030 of 4,949
I have cowon d2+ and x9. X9 rocks in battery life. D2+ lasts for 10 hrs only. Sound wise i liked d2+ than x9 despite of jet effect 5. D2+ has depth in bass, while x9 is little wide in treble. Is there any substantial improvement in sq in pd comparing to d2+ r x9 ????. I mostly listen to mp3 files only. I use only low impedance iems.

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #2,032 of 4,949
I was just about to pull the trigger on either an x3ii or x5ii but then saw this. I'm using the Sony MDR100 aap headphones, would anyone recommend this over the other two I mentioned?

I would advice you to try out those players if possible.

If you are not the type that likes to play with EQ... I would recommend Fiio.

For me X5II on high gain alone drive my headphone very well without any AMP. The details and smoothness all well presented and not sharp to listen on high volume.

Before I decided on my X5II... I audited AK Jr, DX80, Cayin N5 and several other players, about 10 before I reached conclusion.

It's funny when you found a combo that sound will makes you feel excited, your heart race and have goosebumps listening to it.

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #2,033 of 4,949
I have cowon d2+ and x9. X9 rocks in battery life. D2+ lasts for 10 hrs only. Sound wise i liked d2+ than x9 despite of jet effect 5. D2+ has depth in bass, while x9 is little wide in treble. Is there any substantial improvement in sq in pd comparing to d2+ r x9 ????. I mostly listen to mp3 files only. I use only low impedance iems.

It's seems to me a little bit unusual: I have cowon d2+ since 2009, I can assure you that battery life is still amazing.
now I've purchased cowon pd and I can say only one thing: if you appreciates cowon d2+ you'll be shocked by sound quality, especially if you put on it flac files. I was surprised last night listening guns and roses live era double cd: both on d2+ and pd I have flac files, but the detail, the clarity, soundstage are amazing listening the same songs on pd.

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #2,034 of 4,949
It's seems to me a little bit unusual: I have cowon d2+ since 2009, I can assure you that battery life is still amazing.
now I've purchased cowon pd and I can say only one thing: if you appreciates cowon d2+ you'll be shocked by sound quality, especially if you put on it flac files. I was surprised last night listening guns and roses live era double cd: both on d2+ and pd I have flac files, but the detail, the clarity, soundstage are amazing listening the same songs on pd.
i have it since 2007 and wirks perfectly.

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #2,035 of 4,949
Thanks for ur reply. How about mp3 files on pd? D2+ n x9 have almost similar in sq except more bass punch in d2+ and more wider treble in x9 by applying same eq on both device.

Mar 29, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #2,037 of 4,949

Exactly. But thats true, once you get used to P1 sound you can't enjoy the D as much as before. It's a totally different level.

Mar 29, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #2,038 of 4,949
Exactly. But thats true, once you get used to P1 sound you can't enjoy the D as much as before. It's a totally different level.
So you come onto the Pleneu D threat to tell everybody who has the PD or is interested in the PD to sell the PD or not buy the PD because the P1 is a lot better and if they do listen to the P1 they will not be able to enjoy the PD?

Mar 29, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #2,039 of 4,949
Got my Plenue D, just wondering how do u guys get the album art to display?
my files are in WAV and they dont display anything but song title and then artist are unknown!

Mar 29, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #2,040 of 4,949
Got my Plenue D, just wondering how do u guys get the album art to display?

my files are in WAV and they dont display anything but song title and then artist are unknown!

I have never found album art info to be contained in any of my .wav files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back