Cowon D3 - We have contact...
Jan 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #151 of 380
Quote:
Quote:
in singapore apple is symbol for rich, style and their stuff are best for show off. In the train people wave iphone like attention whore. That why many suckers got sucked. I was once of them until i realised my iphone 3g is a piece of trash and itune is crap. 

so what is it you find so wrong with apple products such as iphone? 
I can understand the angst from an audiophile perspective (just installed rockbox on my ipod tonight, and have to agree the available options are so much better), I seriously can't see much negative about their products. 
for a company, they are doing exactly what all others would like to do with their marketing and branding. 

iphone - surf the web (probably best in hand held device), apps for those who like it (which btw, seems like people are finding useful and enjoying), widgets, syncing ability, music, video etc. and face time, which is great for skype as well..

I'm not saying they (the products above)  are the best at everything they do, and with some things others do better, but overall I think they do meet most peoples requirements of what they are asking for in their gadgets..  
edit**

hell, I'll even throw in the itunes in to this. just loading and creating files structures for the rockbox made me realize how bloody easy I tunes make for the average joe out there. yeah, I now prefer to organize my music better and manually, but seriously, most people couldn't give a toss how the files are structured and bitrate quality of their itunes downloads. yes, apple uses propriety codecs, but your average joe couldn't care less if they were using spaghetti magic to make their music files work. or could care less that they will be stuck with apple products, coz they actually like the sound and are not looking for something better audio wise..just better functionality....and if you think because of this people are sheep, man you really need to getter a better understanding of your surroundings. we all care about different things, have different interests and place different importance...

Sorry for OT but:

I shall save the talk about ipad and macbook since have not used one. However about iphone it is a nice sleek paperweight. First of all it took so damn long to load the very basic function like sms and notepad, about 5s for such simple program. The auto correction freeze my screen 2-3s and those  words are never the correct correction.  Sync music? it cant even transfer my music i bought from my phone to the computer. Having a desktop work, laptop for mobility and an iphone? you better link your 2 computer music folder else the user friendly itunes will help you clean up the memory space for your iphone. Surf web? iOS got the little tiny cute blue present box for you. Camera, video quality are bad. 2 days battery is mediocore. Let not mention that when you use iphone, apple know that you will use it to the rest of your life so there will never ever be the need to export your contracts to sim card.  I ditched iphone after i first touched a japanese cellphone. Those phones are crippled when you use outside of Japan yet they are still far more superior to iphone.
Yes willing buyer willing seller i dont have a right to criticise but to the marketing bollocks i will criticises.

Jan 2, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #153 of 380
Apple is firmly entrenched in the MP3 player market because of their huge early success and the fact that it has taken a very long time for anyone else to release a product that could reasonably compete in the mainstream market. Apple also has a hugely effective marketing team that shoves more self-praise for their products down your throat than should humanly be possible. A funny and sadly true statement I once heard:

Fortunately for Apple, Apple has a great marketing team.
Unfortunately for Apple fans, Apple has a great marketing team. 

Quote:
so what is it you find so wrong with apple products such as iphone? 
I can understand the angst from an audiophile perspective (just installed rockbox on my ipod tonight, and have to agree the available options are so much better), I seriously can't see much negative about their products. 
for a company, they are doing exactly what all others would like to do with their marketing and branding. 

ipad - a great device if you want tablets. looks, design, apps, touch screen etc. what does the competition bring to the table? I personally dont have one myself and am not that interested in it but from what I have seen they are pretty nice and handy.

macbook air- pretty much beats all netbook competition. more powerful, slim, regular keyboards and fast as hell...

iphone - surf the web (probably best in hand held device), apps for those who like it (which btw, seems like people are finding useful and enjoying), widgets, syncing ability, music, video etc. and face time, which is great for skype as well..

as for computers, thats pretty much a personal thing. some want better hardware for gaming etc., others like simple, integration. I personally prefer macs. just to install rockbox and format my ipod, I borrowed a friends vaio which is sitting beside me. to be honest, just playing around with it makes me realize again how distasteful and ugly the windows OS is. not saying mac is perfect, as my example of need to borrow friends computer to install rockbox..

I'm not saying they (the products above)  are the best at everything they do, and with some things others do better, but overall I think they do meet most peoples requirements of what they are asking for in their gadgets..

edit**

hell, I'll even throw in the itunes in to this. just loading and creating files structures for the rockbox made me realize how bloody easy I tunes make for the average joe out there. yeah, I now prefer to organize my music better and manually, but seriously, most people couldn't give a toss how the files are structured and bitrate quality of their itunes downloads. yes, apple uses propriety codecs, but your average joe couldn't care less if they were using spaghetti magic to make their music files work. or could care less that they will be stuck with apple products, coz they actually like the sound and are not looking for something better audio wise..just better functionality....and if you think because of this people are sheep, man you really need to getter a better understanding of your surroundings. we all care about different things, have different interests and place different importance...

I was in the middle of typing out a somewhat involved response describing my disgust of Apple, but it was turning into a lot more of a rant than I really wanted it to be. Suffice it to say, Apple comes across as being one of the most arrogant companies around and is more than sue-happy enough to back that up. They also try to maintain absolute control by keeping their products as closed-off as possible, despite their claims of championing open platforms. All that before even touching on their "premium" prices.

I hate the company, not necessarily their products. In fact, there's a lot I like, even love, about Apple products. For example, I love how almost every Apple device today feels like a solidly-built, high-quality item. I wish every MP3 player felt as nice and solid as the all-metal iPod Classic. I wish more companies would stop slapping on all manner of cheap, garish glossy plastic over every surface of every laptop, and instead opt for a much better-looking and better-feeling aluminium construction. Not every product needs to look ugly and feel cheap as dirt. In regards to laptops, I also wish more companies would stop cutting every possible corner and put in a nice quality screen for once. I've passed up many a laptop because of the almost industry-wide 'standard' low-resolution, low contrast, crap color quality screen that can hardly even be viewed properly from straight-on. Personally, it doesn't matter a whole lot to me what hardware is in the computer when it all looks atrocious through the display, anyway.

I commend Apple for their attention to design and build quality, but the sort of price premium they expect for many of their products is far beyond what I think is reasonable. Using their laptops again as a prime example, Apple doesn't just start with a good computer and give it a premium feel and a bit of a bump in price. Rather, they cut all sorts of costs in the hardware, wrap it in a nice shell, and expect you to pay the same high price. The MacBook Air you mentioned is only the more powerful 'netbook' compared to the slew of tiny Atom netbooks. It also costs two-and-a-half times as much, and that's just the starting price. As is always the case with Apple laptops, you can buy much greater performance for the same dollar. The same thousand bucks could get you the Alienware M11x with a faster processor, double the RAM, five times the storage capacity, and faster dedicated graphics card; the only thing is it wouldn't be thin enough to slice bread.

Anyway, Apple does a lot of things with regard to design and build quality that I find sorely lacking from a great many other companies. I personally find a great deal of fault with Apple's practices and pricing. I think this has been enough of an off-topic discussion from me.

Back on topic:
I've been following the D3 with immense interest for only about a week now. I don't have a smartphone or the like and have been desiring a device like the iPod Touch for a while now, both as a music player and a powerful app and internet device. Having already ruled out the Zune HD, I basically had but one choice - the iPod Touch. Unfortunately this would mean I'd be giving money to Apple that I'd really rather they didn't have....and be stuck with iTunes, as well. In all my experience with iTunes, it has never been anything other than a sluggish, buggy piece of crap. Rockboxing my iPod Video allowed me to forever free myself from the constant annoyance that is iTunes, and needless to say I would not be all too thrilled having to come back to it for use with the iPod Touch.

If Cowon has made the D3 an excellent Android DAP, then I can easily see myself making it my primary DAP for many years to come.

Jan 2, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #154 of 380

Quote:
Back on topic:
I've been following the D3 with imense interest for only about a week now. I don't have a smartphone or the like and have been desiring a device like the iPod Touch for a while now, both as a music player and a powerful app and internet device. Having already ruled out the Zune HD, I basically had but one choice - the iPod Touch. Unfortunately this would mean I'd be giving money to Apple that I'd really rather they didn't have....and be stuck with iTunes, as well. In all my experience with iTunes, it has never been anything other than a sluggish, buggy piece of crap. Rockboxing my iPod Video allowed me to forever free myself from the constant annoyance that is iTunes, and needless to say I would not be all too thrilled having to come back to it for use with the iPod Touch.

If Cowon has made the D3 an excellent Android DAP, then I can easily see myself making it my primary DAP for many years to come.

I'm in the same boat, excuse the Zune HD, I don't use it much. I've been needing a player that could match a touch (none of you start a new mac discussion) and with great capabilities.

The D3 runs android, has better audio and video then a touch, and can be capable of anything. To what it sounds like, it could be one of the best players out there.

Jan 2, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #155 of 380

Quote:
Quote:
someone mentioned january 20th, though not sure. 

I'm waiting for some Korean reviews - and translation of it :)

Here is something: http://www.seeko.co.kr/zboard4/zboard.php?id=freeboard&page=1&sn1=&divpage=38&sn=off&ss=on&sc=off&keyword=d3&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=225474

Hope there is some talented Korean-speaking person here for translation... :)

"
[size=9pt] Fingerprints ... I'm sorry;; andakgo'm just guessed. In addition, because the camera image quality ponka Young ... Hehe

This review yongeurosseo in current production and performance of products that can be slightly different.

Chanjochulhyeonhan - right from the Cowon 3D, V5HD, X7 is hehe

First, when I saw the first touch a little more than the existing old J3 had a feeling I'm mukjikhada.

Looked like the back of the plastic's a good one ... seems a I've heard the same feeling a little similar to polyurethane.

However, polyurethane does not look like ... Any ideas?

First, the power button and the play, next track button, J3, etc., and similar to the placement of an external button to adjust the operation was easy and pretty.

Operation seem like easy money in the pocket.

When I boot ... COWON ANDROID is ... While booting to the top of the left There's a phrase

Hehe syuksyuk color changes a little ride felt longer boot time 30 seconds to 40 seconds? I think geolryeotdeongeo. Meanwhile, not to get bored, change the color continues Face away

But to get bored ㅡ ㅡ;;

Once I have a window boot LOCK

LOCK if the two pulleys and drag a little but ... Will be smooth.

Then, at junghadan music, video, radio and other basic selection window

Under the window there is APPS

When you touch it, the apps shows the current setup is.

But little ... Struggling

The list falls thrashing

For sure this part does seem like I'm in need of improvement.

In fact, I did not see all the details have driven touch or do not know. Mwotboda Android OS had never previously handled a.

Unassuming, like touch-sensitive recognition hangeo felt like a pretty good thing.

When you slip a little better than just pasting aekbopilreumgateungeol is going to be great and I'm thinking.

TASK KILLER ... or? I supposed to install those applications also seemed

Once you've run Angry Bird.

Angry Bird ... Problems he saw. App itself is a problem or do not know what chipset the problem of

Run the game itself is thought to be driven more smoothly.

Geulssina out there sometimes just background will appear garbled hayatge ...

But ironically ttaenggyeoseo shoot new horizons widen and narrow it paid off operation

When you do not even fly uninterrupted.

Angry Bird widen or narrow field of view it's multitouch will be implemented in a way.

Multi-touch is great. Anyway you know so much recognition was scored in multi-touch is the 'B'

App for the parts that we can not speak in detail (like I said earlier, I called out here ssukmaek:wink: And what did the chipset (Telechips is a comforting ... just not sure if 8900 or 8800;; I expect, Angry euron Bud is as good way things should never think it's gotta be 8800) and several maps of RAM do not know.

Strong Wi-Fi had a test done where I felt more Wi-Fi is fast operating speed.

Fun in the window by launching a web page optimization still unfinished, but I'm not sure even if you can reach speeds yijeongdo personal opinion that the further I'm thinking could be developed.

And the music section ... Firm future to improve this part was going to somehow did it smell like.

Touch the Music icon in the left middle and slightly above the entry to the upper part is a little album art window.

The music is run by the music of the album art X7 expanding your desktop background appears as a blur.

The right side of the music currently being played tteuguyo information.

There's music, look at the bottom of the control panel ... Rewind Forward pause / play, AB repeat (?) Is not only about. Features are added later know why're starting to have the same feeling.

And ... The speed of playing music seemed a little neuringeo. I'm not sure I heard waeyireongeonjin pparitpparithan unit is writing (I have written J3) could start to feel like this is seem a bit became oppressive.

And ... Was a little surprising

There is cover flow;;

But when S9 was shown ... I'm not byeongmatgateun level.

2 julyieotna ... 3 julyieotna ... Somehow I was trying to remember a 2-line album art (include streets,) is made the

If the side strokes, painted surfaces as 3D format to return ... (It's hard to explain:wink:

I heard he needs a little sluggish improvement've looked like

When you select them you want the album art, album art is popping up in front turned around (ironically it jumped out a gentle 's)

The album art is applied there is a list of the songs will pop up.

If you choose to play that we're starting.

Built-in speakers on the front top of the LCD I'm tiny. (This part is not yet confirmed exactly what I'll hold. On the back is definitely. ^ ^:wink: Mono despite regeneration than we thought I heard that it is okay.

Cowon models are built-in speakers eotneunde tried third-party (eg, Samsung M1 ...;:wink: I do not know the extent of it just fine for listening to mediocre level, I'm thinking of.

And the video portion, 1080P Kara - Lupin've play music videos

To drive it took about 2-3 seconds to better the sound quality coming out good and was satisfied. Write for pitch and I'm thinking would be nice.

Likewise, the control panel, the video is poor. I do not know what's worth, but I want to add some features I'm thinking would be nice.

Overall, long reputed to have not used jindeukhi himdeupni making, but

Clearly, we continue to optimize definitely feel like you're going to be held

Stable struggling to exist is that you can feel became oppressive.

It's early days yet but I think this is part of urgent. I lost two hard, but made a short time using existing myeonggiin D2 is then up to the expectations buheunghae happen to give compensation in the atmosphere in the yard sale conducted by

However, these images showing the initial ragoneun first meeting that was a little disappointing. (Especially struggling Stable)

We hope to improve soon. "Because I sent my D3 because of ...;;>

And there was a bit strange part

http://product.cowon.com/product/COWOND3/product_page_5.php

The D3 product specifications here at the side of the page you look at pictures

Recessed portion of the paeyeoitneun operation buttons located on the outside can see Rt.

But just above product photos (D3 product description and product photo at the top of the page would say. - Now do me a picture hehe) does not seem a part of the pane, in real terms for the products I've seen sawdust did not exist.

Production goods are applied differently, or whether I do not know whether the error description page.

Anyway briefly felt appreciation and fellow registered sayonggi. Becoming more capital improvements came out of the goods production, so to continue to look only as reference materials. ^ ^
[/size]  

Google translate 
tongue.gif
. Doesnt make too much sense though.

Jan 3, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #156 of 380
^ The review is written from a person who had no experience with Android before. 

He says it's OK, Angry Birds runs fine. It has some lags, not very much, and he believes that this will need some firmware improvements to live up to the expectations(well all Cowons did when they first came out). The UI is a bit sluggish, coming from J3 you'll be fine if you get used to it but right out of the box it may feel a little slow. 

Not much comments about the SQ though. 

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #157 of 380
Thanks for the transation :)

Could be that Cowon has chosen a slower processor, compared to the smartphones we have today... that would explain a sluggish ui.

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #159 of 380
Here we go :)

The D3 is on exportprive: http://www.exportprive.com/cowon-plenue-32gb-android-purple-p-14676.html

Sadly I cannot buy from there, because they do not have Paypal.

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #160 of 380

Quote:

The D3 is on exportprive: http://www.exportprive.com/cowon-plenue-32gb-android-purple-p-14676.html

Any News for Amazon?

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #161 of 380
Raising another question,

Is the d3 worth it or would it be better to buy a x7?

Think about it

Also, is the j3 going to drop in price now?

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #163 of 380

Quote:
Quote:

Any News for Amazon?

Have not seen anything yet. Still waiting for advancedmp3players...

Quote:
Raising another question,

Is the d3 worth it or would it be better to buy a x7?

Think about it

Also, is the j3 going to drop in price now?

Well this depends on what you search for. I expect them all three to sound pretty the same.

X7 = high capacity + long battery life + big formfaktor - high price
J3 = normal capacity + enough battery life + nice thin design
D3 = J3 + lots of new funktions - shorter battery life + spdif - high price

Jan 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #164 of 380

Quote:

Well this depends on what you search for. I expect them all three to sound pretty the same.  
X7 = high capacity + long battery life + big formfaktor - high price
J3 = normal capacity + enough battery life + nice thin design
D3 = J3 + lots of new funktions - shorter battery life + spdif - high price

That's what I was pretty much thinking

But it seems to be, for me, a good alternative to a smartphone.
I can't afford -EDIT- I refuse to pay $40 a month for a smartphone plan

So a android device along with great audio, video, and all it's worth seems better then a j3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back