Couple of questions regarding the HiFiMan HM-801
Jun 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Banned at his own request
So I've pretty much decided to buy one. Yes I read that 49-page post, and other 'dfkt' posts, but hey, 30 day refund, might as well just try it out myself (and hear the difference, if any, but hopefully yes, for better).
Questions:
1) How to upgrade the firmware, if at all possible? I mean, is there an upgrade software?
2) From what I read, the HM-801's internal 2GB flash is buggy, and only Class 4 SDHC cards may be used. Is that still the case to date?
3) (If Nankai reads this) When I buy this at a retailer (Shanghai Anrun 上海安润), would the product be a batch-1, batch-2 or a batch-3? In short, would it be the latest batch?
4) So all the innards are robot-soldered now, no more poor quality ones?
Thank you.

Jul 2, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 2
Let's see what I can answer - happy owner.

1. On the HeadDirect forum, Fang periodically announces firmware updates.  You get them from HeadDirect's site, load into the resident RAM, restart the player, and it updates the firmware.

2. No problems here with the internal flash.  I bought mine from group 3 I think - around May.  I'm using a 32GB class 6 SDHC card without any problems.

Not Fang, so can't answer the last two but from what I've gathered the answers will be in your favor.  You may want to repost in the Premier Sponsors -> HeadDirect forum.

- ed

Quote:
So I've pretty much decided to buy one. Yes I read that 49-page post, and other 'dfkt' posts, but hey, 30 day refund, might as well just try it out myself (and hear the difference, if any, but hopefully yes, for better).
Questions:
1) How to upgrade the firmware, if at all possible? I mean, is there an upgrade software?
2) From what I read, the HM-801's internal 2GB flash is buggy, and only Class 4 SDHC cards may be used. Is that still the case to date?
3) (If Nankai reads this) When I buy this at a retailer (Shanghai Anrun 上海安润), would the product be a batch-1, batch-2 or a batch-3? In short, would it be the latest batch?
4) So all the innards are robot-soldered now, no more poor quality ones?
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back