could i have done better than the eterna for the price that is fun, engaging and colored?
Jul 31, 2010 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

swbf2cheater

Headphoneus Supremus
im just curious, i loves me my eternas, ive never really been into the iems until recently, sad thing is as a collector i had lots of the best but never gave them a chance 

could i have done better for that price in something fun, engaging and colored in signature sound.

Jul 31, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 13
For that price, One Word. No! I love my Eterna (rev.1) as well. But when price does not matter, may be the Panasonic HJE900, or the Monster Turbine Pro Gold or may be the Sennheiser IE8 would have been a great purchase for a similar sound signature.

Jul 31, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 13
thats kind of what I am feeling, at least for the colored and non-neutral iems.  I again hate to admin my limited knowledge of iems, but the eterna rev1 are awesome but a tad too bassy for me and i heard the rev2 improved on it and toned it down a little.

Im curious, outside of the brainwaves m2 and Hippos, what other models are out there that are somewhat similar?

Jul 31, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #5 of 13

V-Moda Vibe II, Remix, CX95, Metro_Fi 220, D Jays, S4 and XB40EX......

Aug 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #6 of 13

thats kind of what I am feeling, at least for the colored and non-neutral iems.  I again hate to admin my limited knowledge of iems, but the eterna rev1 are awesome but a tad too bassy for me and i heard the rev2 improved on it and toned it down a little.

Im curious, outside of the brainwaves m2 and Hippos, what other models are out there that are somewhat similar?

You have any luck with EQing down the bass, or just the mid bass? Also consider that it should be relatively easy to sell yours and get the v2, or a different IEM. Hippo shrooms might be something to look at.

Aug 1, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #9 of 13
Hippo EB? Thinksound Thunder? 

Easy way out would be the Eterna V2 since Fischer Audio considers it a "better" phone than the V1. 
regular_smile .gif

Aug 1, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #10 of 13
I already purchased the rev2 from a user here on head fi, it is due tomorrow ! 

but again i was just curious if i could have done better elsewhere, seems i made the right choice :)

Aug 1, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #11 of 13
To me, Eterna v1 is simply irreplaceable. You can guess which IEM you like better, but the only way to confirm is to try it yourself.

Aug 1, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #12 of 13
ahh im so excited about the rev2, a toned down bass eterna is something ive wanted ;{

i didnt know the rev2 was basically the same with some fixes until last week lol, GAHHH 24 hours away :[

Users who are viewing this thread

Back