Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #2,465 of 5,310
Quote:
My main source is an iPhone so just a normal remote/mic would be more than sufficient to pause the music temporarily (see this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/476016/iphone-cable-with-mic-for-ue-or-jh-iems). However, given the level of isolation in CIEMs you still might not be able to have a conversation with someone without removing them from your ears.

I'm not using it with any idevice, unless they'll start accepting flac soon. And you are right, but combining the faint noises with some lipreading I'll probably have a basic idea what the person is trying to say :p 

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #2,469 of 5,310
Quote:
I'm not using it with any idevice, unless they'll start accepting flac soon. And you are right, but combining the faint noises with some lipreading I'll probably have a basic idea what the person is trying to say :p 

On iPhone and iPod Touch you can install third party apps that support FLAC. The downside is that those apps aren't as well integrated into iOS, so 1) if you shut down the app, or it needs to shut down to clear up RAM for other apps, you lose your place in the music and have to browse to find what you were listening to, and 2) if the app is not open and you press the play button on your remote, the stock app starts playing, not your chosen app.

Quote:
This does sound incredibly convenient but would it harm SQ alot?

I don't see why it should. The mic/remote has its own wire (the 4th contact in a 3.5mm plug) so it shouldn't affect anything when the buttons aren't being pressed.

Aug 3, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #2,470 of 5,310
So wjhat you lot really want is an updated version of shure's push to hear system?

That's exactly it!
For me anyway.
It would be so useful in so many mobile situations that I'd pay quite a premium to be able to do this.
The fact that the Shure PTH works with any device makes it especially desirable, it's a shame it's no longer available :frowning2:

Aug 3, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #2,471 of 5,310
Does anyone knows when is the CE skype open anyway?

Does it have operating hours?
And do you skype msg or do you skype call them?

EDIT: Never mind. He replied me through msg. I just sent a msg expecting no reply though. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #2,472 of 5,310
Quote:
On iPhone and iPod Touch you can install third party apps that support FLAC. The downside is that those apps aren't as well integrated into iOS, so 1) if you shut down the app, or it needs to shut down to clear up RAM for other apps, you lose your place in the music and have to browse to find what you were listening to, and 2) if the app is not open and you press the play button on your remote, the stock app starts playing, not your chosen app.

Yeah that's way too much hassle for me! That is why I just bought the sansa clip zip, I also have hisoundaudio player that does flac well.

EDIT: I'm not a flac snob, I just have a lot of flac in my music library. Ripping bought albums in mp3 just feels wrong!

Aug 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #2,473 of 5,310
Yeah that's way too much hassle for me! That is why I just bought the sansa clip zip, I also have hisoundaudio player that does flac well.

EDIT: I'm not a flac snob, I just have a lot of flac in my music library. Ripping bought albums in mp3 just feels wrong!

Personally I love FLAC its a vast difference from 320 and I agree its sad when you buy a cd and it gets downgraded. Does anyone know a music converter program much like dbpoweramp that is free if not I might just buy it

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #2,474 of 5,310
Quote:
Personally I love FLAC its a vast difference from 320 and I agree its sad when you buy a cd and it gets downgraded. Does anyone know a music converter program much like dbpoweramp that is free if not I might just buy it

What do you want to convert into what?

Btw there really is no vast difference between flac and 320 kbps, considering the 320 kbps hasn't been tempered with otherwise (gain for instance). Just try a blind test, there is a thread somewhere on head-fi supporting this test. I couldn't even make out the difference between the lower rate mp3s and flac. Disclaimer: the music was some sort of simple dance music. Very simple music is much easier to compress, take any rock song in 128kbps and it sounds like utter junk.

But still there might be a tiny tiny audible difference, that is why I personally still use it :p

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #2,475 of 5,310
Well mainly for purposes of converting albums I rip to 320 or FLAC depending on how much I like the album or not and I'm gunna try that test and see whats up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back