Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Nov 5, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #3,346 of 5,310

It's finally here.... 
The seal is fine and good though I can feel it move when I grin or smirk... :p but it's great overall. :D

I am using rockboxed Sansa Clip+ but at just volume -32db, I found the music loud enough...
While my previous earphones CX500 requires at least -25db...

PS: Sorry for my amateurish photos...

Nov 5, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #3,347 of 5,310

It's finally here.... 
The seal is fine and good though I can feel it move when I grin or smirk... :p but it's great overall. :D

I am using rockboxed Sansa Clip+ but at just volume -32db, I found the music loud enough...

PS: Sorry for my amateurish photos...

Congratulation bro! Looks great.
I just sent mine back for refit.

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #3,349 of 5,310

Those look nice! BA4F?
I should check if I received the wax removal tool, I got so excited I never looked what else was in there
biggrin.gif

(I just use a paperclip)

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #3,351 of 5,310
After calming down from the hype of receiving the ciem and using it truly for the first time outside, I realize that when the left ear gets oily, the left side "seems" to be exposed slightly... the right side seems fine but it can still be moved around though it doesn't really break the fit... and it hurts slightly if I move the right side but not really of a concern.

However, my music seems to be fine but the feeling, that the ciem seems to be "unfit", is giving me the weird feeling...
(Taking into consideration that I didn't notice anything amiss from the lower frequencies.)

My songs' bass sounded fine with my soundtracks but not as good as with songs but I assumed that it is due to the file itself or even the original song itself.

At a loss if whether if it is me being paranoid, or if it is a problem...

How do you guys check?

Nov 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #3,353 of 5,310
  After calming down from the hype of receiving the ciem and using it truly for the first time outside, I realize that when the left ear gets oily, the left side "seems" to be exposed slightly... the right side seems fine but it can still be moved around though it doesn't really break the fit... and it hurts slightly if I move the right side but not really of a concern.

However, my music seems to be fine but the feeling, that the ciem seems to be "unfit", is giving me the weird feeling...
(Taking into consideration that I didn't notice anything amiss from the lower frequencies.)

My songs' bass sounded fine with my soundtracks but not as good as with songs but I assumed that it is due to the file itself or even the original song itself.

At a loss if whether if it is me being paranoid, or if it is a problem...

How do you guys check?

That's what I exactly got, it 'seems' to get slightly loose when I move around or smile. I had to push it back in to get it to 'feel' right.
I then used plastic food wrap and it seems to improve the seal.
I suggest try wrapping around some plastic wrap and see if it improves.

Nov 5, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #3,354 of 5,310

Dude, I'm like at -45db TOPS with my CIEMs. Normally around -50db though.

Nov 5, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #3,355 of 5,310

Dude, I'm like at -45db TOPS with my CIEMs. Normally around -50db though.

Oh.. No wonder.. Because I never expected the difference to be this big... from CIEM and UIEM especially I heard that my CIEM would usually use more power...

Anyway, Thanks for the suggestion..
Going to try the plastic wrap a try before seeing if there is a need for readjustment...

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #3,356 of 5,310
I sent my broken Q-Jays to Sweden, and Phil just send me the measurement back he got:

"We have received the Q-Jays, not sure what is wrong with the right side cable but obviously a bad connection somewhere.
I have measured the Q-Jays and attached the result of the measurements. Blue is left channel Red is right."

x2p3rd.jpg

I'm thinking the difference might come from a clogged up audio filter in the sound tube. Not sure what to make of this. What do you guys think, is the difference between these too bad to have them reshelled? 

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #3,357 of 5,310
  I sent my broken Q-Jays to Sweden, and Phil just send me the measurement back he got:

"We have received the Q-Jays, not sure what is wrong with the right side cable but obviously a bad connection somewhere.
I have measured the Q-Jays and attached the result of the measurements. Blue is left channel Red is right."

x2p3rd.jpg

I'm thinking the difference might come from a clogged up audio filter in the sound tube. Not sure what to make of this. What do you guys think, is the difference between these too bad to have them reshelled? 

That's really quite bad! I'm impressed with the neutrality of them though, they must sound amazing!

Is it possible to open up the earpiece without destroying it? You could open it, and see if your hypothesis holds. I wouldn't reshell them if they would sound like this after obviously.

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #3,358 of 5,310
I wouldn't re-shell based on the graph, but graphs ain't everything. Objective vs subjective. One can't go without the other but a speaker doesn't necessarily sound how you would think it sounds based on its curve

Check this article: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/mastering-your-domains-difference-between-objective-measurements-and-subjective-listening

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #3,359 of 5,310
Well, they did sound pretty good, until the cable broke on the right side. Phil is breaking them open, otherwise they'd be useless anyway. He says that if it were a filter problem that the problem would be across all frequencies. So either the crossover is doing something strange, or the driver is broken. I'll see what happens.

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #3,360 of 5,310

"[COLOR=222222]We have received the Q-Jays, not sure what is wrong with the right side cable but obviously a bad connection somewhere.[/COLOR]

x2p3rd.jpg

I once asked Phil to send me the FR graph of my BA4r and he did not do this up to date:frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back