Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Mar 4, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #1,576 of 5,310
Quote:
Hey guys!
I just received my BA2 a few weeks back but I have qualms about getting a perfect seal. I have used my friendsShure 535 and somehow, the silicon tips gives me better seal than my BA2s. My left monitor doesn't seal well and I have to push it in to hold it to get a better seal. And if I push both my monitors in, I get a better seal as tho if I stuffed both my fingers in my ears. Is there anything wrong with the right monitor or just the left?

Too bad it doesn't fit you perfectly, and unfortunately I can't help you with your question. 
Intead i'm hoping that you can help me with my question? 
rolleyes.gif

How would you compare the Shure SE-535 to your BA2 in terms of amount of bass, mids and highs?
I was just about to buy the 535 when i heard about CE and got very interested. However i think it's difficult to buy IEM's without having heard them before. But I have heard the 535 and I liked them, very nice mids and controlled bass, but think that the highs are a little too much, especially on high volume.. I think that it would be exhausting to listen to for a couple of hours..

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #1,577 of 5,310
Quote:

Too bad it doesn't fit you perfectly, and unfortunately I can't help you with your question. 
Intead i'm hoping that you can help me with my question? 
rolleyes.gif

How would you compare the Shure SE-535 to your BA2 in terms of amount of bass, mids and highs?
I was just about to buy the 535 when i heard about CE and got very interested. However i think it's difficult to buy IEM's without having heard them before. But I have heard the 535 and I liked them, very nice mids and controlled bass, but think that the highs are a little too much, especially on high volume.. I think that it would be exhausting to listen to for a couple of hours..

SE535 with sharp highs? that's a first, i love the SE535 but the highs were my main problem with them, too relaxed and laid back, although the mids were spectacular!

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #1,578 of 5,310
Quote:

SE535 with sharp highs? that's a first, i love the SE535 but the highs were my main problem with them, too relaxed and laid back, although the mids were spectacular!

In my opinion it was a little sharp on high volumes, but maybe I had a bad day when trying them out... 
tongue_smile.gif

Anyhow i think the 535 is a great monitor and it is pretty much what i'm after, soundwise. So i'm wondering if anyone that have tried both the 535 and some of CE's CIEM's and know if any model is near the 535 soundwise?

What i'm leaning towards right now is either the HY3 or the BA4. Does anyone think that i will be disapointed if i'll buy any of these CIEM's considering that i like the 535's?

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #1,579 of 5,310
Quote:

Overall dude, you might actually just have been cheaper to go to Stockholm and get a personal fitting. Flights from the UK can be had for £70 return 
biggrin.gif

Any idea how much from Bournemouth?  (j/k!)Phil did touch on it saying it was a shame that they wern't uk based as I could have had a personal fitting in that situation.

Cheers

Mar 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #1,580 of 5,310
Well my set got to ce today, so that's four working days from including monday, not bad for a £10!  Considering DHL wanted between £45-£55 for the same package I consider that a good deal.

Apparantley Swedish post has the same sort of attitude as the royal mail does here.  Leave a slip for the customer to go get the parcel from them.  Yeah great idea hey.

Cheers

Mar 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #1,581 of 5,310
Well I remain as ever impressed with Phil's service.  Adjustment done and back in the post today.

Oh and anyone noticed the countdown on the CE site?

http://cosmicears.com/

Cheers

Mar 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #1,582 of 5,310
Quote:
Well I remain as ever impressed with Phil's service.  Adjustment done and back in the post today.

Oh and anyone noticed the countdown on the CE site?

http://cosmicears.com/

Cheers

Uh oh. Countdown?? Can't wait to see what there will be!

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #1,583 of 5,310
Hi

Little pic that Phil sent me today.  My imagination or is the right ma giving the finger to someone?!

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #1,587 of 5,310
That's pretty much the upshot of it, though all the details (pricing etc) will be on the new website.

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #1,589 of 5,310
Quote:
Looks like empty shells of your moulds?

Guessing you can test the fit before they bung everything in?

makes perfect sense...  quality assurance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back