cornell + rage = Audioslave
Sep 20, 2002 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Step 1: Plug power cable into wall. Step 2: Plug other end of power cable into....umm.... Step 0.5: Order something to power with power cable.
Thats their official name. CD will be out November 19th!

Biggie.

Sep 20, 2002 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 31
I read they scrapped the first set of recordings when Cornell came (crawling?) back. They've supposedly created a whole new set of songs, and those are what will be released.

And where the heck is this Zack de la Rocha rap record that's been in the works for ages? Who wants to take bets that it's a flop?

markl

Sep 20, 2002 at 10:57 PM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
I loved Rage, but I don't think Zach was the talent behind the band.

everyone I know who likes them, likes em for Morello. now there a solo effort that might work.

Sep 20, 2002 at 11:52 PM Post #7 of 31
markl, I hadn't heard they hit the studio twice. So when did they finish the second set of recordings?

I'm really interested in hearing this thing, but I don't know what to expect. Soundgarden was a soaring-guitar type band, which is definitely not what we'll get from the Rage guys. Cornell's voice worked well in his old situation, but I guess we'll have to see how it meshes with a tighter sound from the guys behind him.

kerelybonto

Sep 21, 2002 at 12:07 AM Post #8 of 31
I'm not sure if they've finished or are yet to record the new songs.

It sounds great on paper, can't wait to hear the execution. However, it sounds like a fragile situation. Can you make good music together if you really hate each other? Do you put all your energy in?

markl

Sep 21, 2002 at 12:48 AM Post #9 of 31
Ah, so this is a new development? You mean Cornell came back after they decided it wasn't going to work all that time ago; I wonder if that means they're going to give some more albums another shot.

And I'm not sure that they hate each other. If they really disliked each other, they wouldn't work together -- I mean, they're all at the point in their career that they can do what they want without taking anybody's crap. I don't remember what the original reason for the split was, but it probably had something to do with all of them wanting to run the show.

kerelybonto

Sep 21, 2002 at 2:35 AM Post #11 of 31
You shouldn't say things like that. Didn't your mom teach you teasing isn't nice?

But, damn, wouldn't that be amazing? A good band making good music. ...

kerelybonto

Sep 23, 2002 at 5:28 AM Post #14 of 31
Well apparently 2003 has become november 19th and I edited my post accordingly. Cochise will be the first single.

audioslavemusic.com

Biggie.

Sep 23, 2002 at 9:00 AM Post #15 of 31
umm, the site is audioslavemusic.com

the earlier break-up was more about Cornell having problems with the management situation (they had two, Cornell's and Rage's), but they've settled that. just what I've read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back