Copy ipod music to pc
Oct 25, 2017 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Happy Camper

Headphoneus Supremus
Old fart here wanting to get my music backed up from my ipod to hard drive. I don't want to remove it, just copy it. I have a lot of music on it that I no longer have and don't want lose it to a software update. I'm using a first gen Classic from 2008.

Oct 26, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #3 of 5
Found this link - https://techjourney.net/copy-or-tra...-from-ipod-to-pc-and-computer-without-itunes/. Haven't tried it myself, so no idea whether or not it works but comments on the page seem to indicate it does.

One of the main reason I ditched iPods (long-time Classic user) was the one-way synchronization and the need to have iTunes installed. Foobar has an iPod Sync plugin, but it's still a hassle compared to just being able to view + manipulate the files on your DAP through good old Explorer.

Oct 26, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #4 of 5
Last time I used an iPod classic, I was able to manually move files to/from my computer and the DAP via iTunes as long as I configured the right settings before connecting. That was years ago, though, so that may have changed.

Nov 9, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks gang. I don't want to use iTunes because of it's proprietary controls. My issue is I put this music on the ipod from an old computer. The music was in it's drive. I can't get it off that computer now and didn't get it backed up before it went bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back