Convert Aiwa Bookshelf For Computer Use?
Jan 6, 2010 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

neosoul

Formerly known as marvelousmarvyd
I have an old pair of Aiwa speakers from a NSX-D939 system that I would like to convert to hook up to my dell desktop, is this possible? If so how would I go about wiring them so that they would plug into my computer.

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 9
For computer use, you can probably get by with a t-amp for around $30 if you want. They provide decent enough quality to use them as a system for your computer. Don't expect them to sound as good as your UE Triple.Fi 10s though.

Jan 7, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #6 of 9
Is it the full range of speakers that originally came with the system or just the left/right?

Jan 7, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #8 of 9
Would like to use with a decent amp because I will eventually upgrade to something a little better in the future. I'm currently looking at the audioengine a5 probably in the latter part of the year.

Jan 7, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #9 of 9
If your thinking of getting a pair of a5's I wouldn't bother getting an amp. They are active speakers, meaning they have their own amplification built in.

You'd be better off putting your $200 towards them.

But if your willing to try the secondhand route you should be able to get a reasonable vintage amp and speakers for not much more than your budget.

It really depends on what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back