CONTEST: FREE Senn PMX100 and Sandisk Sansa e130
Nov 10, 2007 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

skullguise

Headphoneus Supremus
[size=small]We have a winner! See last post for details[/size]

Well, it's been a little while since my cat Sota, the Rambo Bose Kitty, passed away. Several weeks ago, we got some new kittens from the Shelter. I wanted to name them Gryphon and Merlin (after stereo equipment, my personal tradition), but we ended up with Tab and Gryphon.

In celebration of these new furry guys in our home, I'm doing another contest. This time, a Sennheiser PMX100 headphone and a Sandisk Sansa e130 DAP are going to someone. FYI, the e130 is a small unit, 512M on board with an SD slot for more (I have a 2G card in there, worked well). Has FM radio, runs on one AAA battery.

What do you have to do to get them? Take a guess at my cats' middle names. I did this before with my cats Sota "Moonbeam" and Athena "Polyphasor."

Please PM - do not reply here! - with your guesses. Multiple guesses OK. First one to get them both wins; if no winner, I'll try to give a hint or two.

Other rules: US only please, do not want to deal with extra shipping across borders or oceans.

And for inspiration, a couple pics of da boyz....

cats1.jpg

Tab, thinking he's ready for a wash

cats2.jpg

I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. Demille, says Gryphon

cats3.jpg

Best 'o' buds!

Nov 10, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #3 of 20
Cute contest!
biggrin.gif

I shall not be entering as I have no need nor want for the items. GOOD LUCK CHAPS!

Nov 10, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 20
Hmmm, 2 PM's with no right answers.....is no one interested, or is it that hard?

If the latter, here's some hints:

- Remember my other cats had names assocated with stereo equipment, and note their middle names.

- For the cat that isn't named after stereo, think Polyester.
tongue.gif
OK, a little obscure, but could be useful....

Keep the PM's coming!

Nov 25, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #7 of 20
A BIG thanks to Jude, heyimallen and the others who worked so hard to bring us back online! I never realized how much I missed this place until I found it online again this am....and working in IT and having once have to see an Oracle DB restored to a 2-day old backup, I know a little of the pain they went through to bring us back as they did.

Anyway, a bump for my contest....I had received a few PM's a little before Head-Fi went down, but none of them had the correct answer.

To reiterate: my cat Gryphon is named after stereo equipment, Tab is not. Use my other cats as "references" to guess Gryphon's middle name. And for Tab, Polyester is as good though obscure a hint as I'll give right now.

Thanks! Glad to be back!

Todd - skullguise

Nov 26, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #8 of 20
Wow, only 2 more PM's since head-Fi came back up....one came close, so we MAY have a winner if they send another guess.

I'm wondering if there is no desire for this stuff...or if people don't nmotice it here....or if it is still too hard.

If no one guesses both, but someone gets one, I may just give it to them. So PM your names.

A couple more hints, perhaps, too?

- Gryphon is a mischevous little devil; he loves to get into things, or knock pens and pencils off the counter

- Tab....well, if Polyester wasn't enough, let me just say he's a Divine little kitty
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #15 of 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back