Considering the PX200-II
Feb 12, 2010 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

waylman

100+ Head-Fier
I've done a fair bit of reading on the PX200-II and they seem like exactly what I need. The only thing holding me back is they don't seem very bassy...(I'm a bit of a bass head).

Are their any similar alternatives that are more bassy?

I'll be using these for portable audio exclusively with my Blackberry, Motorola Droid, and mp3 player.

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Feb 12, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 8
Well, I'm assuming you need it to be closed back if you're looing at the 200 as opposed to the 100?

I really like the bass on the 200, it improves a nice amount with burn-in.If you celphones or MP3player have an EQ, a bass boost should suffice to get the bass you want.

They extend all the way down past 20hz when I was checking some test tones, and they actually present a good amount of sub-bass. While at first I wasn't satisfied with the Bass, burn in(mental or physical whatever) does seem to have improved it a good deal. It's very tight as well

What typeof music do you listen to?

Feb 13, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiComm4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been considering the PX200-ii too, but their reception seems fairly mixed here. More opinions?

Really? Is there someone who wasn't impressed with the PX200-II?

Feb 13, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #5 of 8
Have to agree. They aren't FOTM but no portable is gonna be anymore since the IEM boom. Pretty gaga over them at headroom. I like em'. Joker gave them an 8 for SQ. The three way review or in the full-size forum was very positive saying they have better bass than a couple of their bigger brothers.

That being said, I might steer the OP away from them. Being a basshead and using them unamped out of those sources. Probably won't have enough bass.

The PX-100-II does have the bass and you could even throw the pleather pads on them.

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #7 of 8
No, they don't come with them but just saying that someone shouldn't shy away since they don't isolate. The PX200 pads, pads from a cheap pair of JVC flats or Coby headphones will do the trick. Those who want more bass than the 200-II but don't want an open can shouldn't cross the PX100-II off the list or choose the inferior sounding HD228 due to the 100-II's open nature.

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiComm4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been considering the PX200-ii too, but their reception seems fairly mixed here. More opinions?

Really? Is there someone who wasn't impressed with the PX200-II?

I didn't like them, the first time i listened to them....somehow REALLY metallic.....somehow like ATH-SJ1.
And isolation is not too good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back