Connecting two different sets of powered bookshelf speakers to act as one set of 4 speakers on PC?
Aug 25, 2022 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Gatecrasher

Head-Fier
So, I have a 2.0 speaker setup (powered vanatoo transparent one) with my gaming PC, and I was considering getting two more powered bookshelf speakers (something less expensive than the vanatoo's) so I can make myself a 4.0 surround system.
However the problem I'm foreseeing is how do I get two seperate speaker systems to act as one 4 speaker system? If my Vanatoos are using USB, and the new bookshelf speakers are using RCA or optical, how do I get Windows to lump them together and act as one set? Would the new powered speakers also need to use a USB input?
Is there a software solution for this, or would I need to ge a new sound card that can accomplish this?
Also, I will add the subwoofer one day, however without a center channel is there a software option available to...for the lack of a better word... direct all center audio signal to the L and R front speakers?

Just wondering if any of you had and input, thanks.

Aug 25, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 3
Modern sound cards do not support a 4.0 setup.
You might figure out something.
But you might be better off just getting the sub-woofer and go 2.1 setup.

Aug 25, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #3 of 3
There is a piece of software called Voicemeeter that's supposed to mix audio and output to multiple devices. It's free, but I haven't tried it personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back