Connecting Audigy2 ZS to a Receiver
Oct 12, 2006 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Brohken

100+ Head-Fier
I detailed the problem on this forum so rather than type it out again you can read here:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=425280

To summarize... I can't seem to output a digital signal from the rear of my Audigy2 ZS digital port to my Pioneer receiver. I verified that my receiver gladly accepts a digital signal by connecting the front panel's SPDIF out-to-digital coax in on the rear of my pioneer.

I'm using a 1/8" plug from the rear of my audigy to a 1/8" coax on my pioneer digital line in. Can you tell me what could be the issue? I didn't find anything similiar in your knowledge base.

Oct 12, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 9
So

Front panel RCA digital Coax -> RCA digital coax in behind Pioneer works

But

Back of sound card 1/8" to -> Digital line in ? does the pioneer have a 1/8" digital line in or is it the same RCA coax in the back?

Just asking, because I picked up a Digital RCA coaxial cable from ratshack a while ago, it was really good quality but I can't find it again. It has a RCA on one end and RCA with 1/8" adapter on the other. Ran it from Digital 1/8" line out to RCA digital coax in on receiver.

Edit: Are you using a regular 1/8" interconnect when you connect from the rear of the card to your receiver ?

Oct 12, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #3 of 9
Here's some pics of it. I tried looking it up on the Radioshack site but I can't find it anymore. It's probably made by the same people that made the popular Fusion lineup.

p1020857ct0.jpg

p1020860wu6.jpg

Oct 12, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80
So

Front panel RCA digital Coax -> RCA digital coax in behind Pioneer works

yes

Quote:

But

Back of sound card 1/8" to -> Digital line in ? does the pioneer have a 1/8" digital line in or is it the same RCA coax in the back?

same RCA coax but it's a digital input. my receiver doesn't have a 1/8" digital line in plug like my video card's out.

Quote:

Just asking, because I picked up a Digital RCA coaxial cable from ratshack a while ago, it was really good quality but I can't find it again. It has a RCA on one end and RCA with 1/8" adapter on the other. Ran it from Digital 1/8" line out to RCA digital coax in on receiver.

Edit: Are you using a regular 1/8" interconnect when you connect from the rear of the card to your receiver ?

do you think its my cable? I am getting no sound at all. not even a hiss.

Oct 12, 2006 at 7:34 PM Post #5 of 9
I'm curious to know if this is a sound card issue or a cable issue? I know its not the receiver.

from the research I did the mono audio cable I'm using should work. maybe not well, but it should still work.

Oct 12, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #7 of 9
Yeah an RCA cable should work, longer the length, might be bad, but it will still work. So you're using a 1/8" adapter on one end going from the sound card digital out to the RCA digital line in on the receiver.

It sounds like you may have to find another setting in the software perhaps? There might be an option to choose which digital out is active or something? I'm not familiar with the current software, my last card was the Audigy 2.

Oct 12, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80
Yeah an RCA cable should work, longer the length, might be bad, but it will still work. So you're using a 1/8" adapter on one end going from the sound card digital out to the RCA digital line in on the receiver.

It sounds like you may have to find another setting in the software perhaps? There might be an option to choose which digital out is active or something? I'm not familiar with the current software, my last card was the Audigy 2.

I'm using an audigy 2 and no I tried all the software settings. Nothing.

digital out is on by default. i disabled analog just incase and still the same thing. i change the frequency output to 96khz (which my receiver accepts) and still nothing.

Oct 12, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #9 of 9
Yeah mine is just an older bare bone Audigy 2. But regardless, that should work then. The RCA cable you have 'should' work. I guess just to make sure it's not your card go pick up a proper digital coax cable from radioshack and try it out. You can return it if it doesn't work, or keep it if you want to if it does. I think they have a few that are fairly cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back