*Confirmed* Grado PS1000 is coming!
Mar 11, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #931 of 941
Hi music man.

I can not recall reading your impressions on the HD800.
Would be nice if you could say a few words about its soundstage and transparency/openess compared to the PS1000.

Thanks!

Mar 11, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #932 of 941
Hi Music Man,

Would you mind telling us where you heard these. It is my understanding that there are very few of these out there to hear at this time.

Todd

Mar 11, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #933 of 941
i was told not to mention where i heard them. i don't know if i should have even said i heard them but i cannot say where.

some good dealers get demo gear for the owner to check out. i am friends with them so they let me listen. they are not for sale or public demo yet.

if i go and say who it is i will not likely be friends with them anymore
wink.gif

i am not meaning to be a jerk but i can't let the cat out of the bag like that.
sorry guys.

i will say i would not hesitate to buy both the hd800 and ps1000. i offered to but was not allowed yet.

music_man

Mar 11, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #935 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i heard them today. i have also heard the hd800. without being able to compare them side by side well i'm just a grado fan. they are somewhat superior to the old gs1000. not by leaps and bounds now that i can answer that question for myself. they are worth the addional money if you don't already have the gs1000.

So, which one do you think is better and why (HD800/PS-1000). How do they compare? This isn't a science thesis, so if you didn't hear them side by side, etc. it really doesn't matter, give us the gut answer?
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #936 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always lie.

Put that on a t-shirt. It has a nice paradoxical quality to it.

Mar 11, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #937 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too late
redface.gif
they are already shipping. O well, I'm continuing my original plan, I'm gonna pick the best can, and the rest will be in the FS forum soon.

Cheers

Forget what I said. Enjoy the adventure. Situations like this only come along every blue moon.

Mar 11, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #938 of 941
Quote:

i think it is worth $1,700. it is better than the gs1000. so thats the extra $700right there. are they really worth that much money? we have been arguing that forever here. the bottom line is if you like them you will pay $1,700 for them. otherwise you just wont have them
smily_headphones1.gif

music_man

Ah crap. Now I have to have them. The honesty of your assessment rings true to me. You don't sound like a salesman or a Stepford fanboy. You sound like somebody who loves this stuff, knows the difference between hype and reality, sees the hype for what it is but would still plunk the money down because better is better.

You didn't have me at hello, but your soft reply was louder than three guys with a p.a. horn. Well done, sir. Well done.

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #939 of 941
first of all guys lets pretend i never heard these. i am going to get myself into a pile of mud for mentioning it.

i better not say any more. they will both be out pretty soon i think.

music_man

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #940 of 941
Quote:

first of all guys lets pretend i never heard these. i am going to get myself into a pile of mud for mentioning it.

music_man

Will do - we can wait. I understand how easily you can walk into a trap here by stating too much.

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #941 of 941
Quote:

music_man

Its a headphone thats shipping. If you'd lose a friend because of simply stating some impressions then that person was not a friend of value. My 2 cents.

The only reason i mention it is between you and the other person who said that the negative impressions of the HD800 were only entrusted to him via PM and he could not divulge them, well you'd think we were discussing national secrets or something. They're headphones. Lighten up.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back