Computer Audio Design (CAD) NO-Compromise 1543 DAC (and the associated CAT music server)
Apr 5, 2015 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bmichels

Headphoneus Supremus
I open this thread because I do not see any talk here about this no-compromize  1543 DAC (and the associated CAT music server/riper ) from the UK company Computer Audio Design ?

This NON oversampling DAC uses the 16 bits Philips 1543 chip + R2R lader technology (in fact it uses 16(Sixteen !) TDA1543 chips !!).  

This ladder operates without any form of oversampling or filtering, and the 16 TDA1543 DAC chips generate an output of 1.65v without needing a conventional output stage !

And the CAT Music Server uses a very modified version of Windows. And since it is windows based... you can install on it software like QOBUZ or ..."Out of Your Head"  
wink.gif
.  CAT HiFi+review here

I believe that this guy should deserve attention, at least for it's extremely brave NON-Commercial NO-Compromise approach !  
biggrin.gif

anyone heard it ? know it ?

The digital board with it's twin rows of 8 x 1543 DACs all topped by a massive heatsink !!

Apr 5, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 2
The 1543 DAC above the CAT (Streamer/server/riper) : Nice look... very minimalist !!

Back of the DAC: Only  USB-in  &  RCA-out.  Also a very minimalist approach !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back