Comprehensive list of iPhone headsets with head-fi reviews
Apr 19, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #31 of 44
great thread
13.gif

Jun 18, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #33 of 44
nice job, but you may look at prices, they are misleading, I mean some prices are not up to date, or you can find them much cheaper if you look a bit!

Aug 20, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #34 of 44
it's hard to decide which prices/retailers to quote, so I stuck with the manufacturer's suggester retail price.

Aug 30, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #35 of 44
Hi, thanks for that comprehensive list! I was thinking of getting the MP21 to go with my iPhone, as it seems good value for money. I know that the button on the mic will answer/end calls, but does it control the music on the iPhone? i.e. start/stop music and skip tracks? If not, i might just get the PL21...

Aug 30, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #36 of 44
Don't forget the new Etymotic MC3! : D (Well.. technically there are MC5 reviews...)

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #38 of 44
> I know that the button on the mic will answer/end calls, but does it control the music on the iPhone? i.e. start/stop music and skip tracks?

any headset that has a normal headset jack and a call answer button will also control the music on an iphone.

Dec 29, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #39 of 44
Awesome post.

Just one thing...its about Iphones again.
Does these Headset work with HTC androidphones? A seller adviced me to go with Nuforce NE 7M instead of a meelec because the Meelec doesntw ork well with HTC.

Are there differences with iphones or HTC with regard to headphones connectability. Hope you guys can help me out here.

I want 1 headphone that i can use with my Samsung galaxy S and  HTC Desire.
Hope you guys can help me out

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #40 of 44
After reading alot of posts spread over different fora...i got the following information.

The above mentioned headsets are all Iphone compatible headsets. HTC also works with these headsets.(i think most brands are also iphone compatible)

Basically 99,99% of the aftermarket headsets falls in this category. Sadly enough big brands like Nokia , Samsung(phones)(and i believe LG) aren't compatible. The problem is entirely due to the plug and how its set up.

For these owners you are basically left with 3 options.
1) using their OEM headphones
2) Buying the Sennheiser MM50n(nokia 3,5mm)..this is the only aftermarket headset available i believe.
3) Buying a seperate compatible handsfree adapter

For samsung galaxy s the volume controls on the adapters wont work either. Because samsung also uses the plug for putting out video.

Anyway something to consider when looking to buy a new smartphone. :)

Jun 3, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #41 of 44

Quote:
After reading alot of posts spread over different fora...i got the following information.

The above mentioned headsets are all Iphone compatible headsets. HTC also works with these headsets.(i think most brands are also iphone compatible)

Basically 99,99% of the aftermarket headsets falls in this category. Sadly enough big brands like Nokia , Samsung(phones)(and i believe LG) aren't compatible. The problem is entirely due to the plug and how its set up.

For these owners you are basically left with 3 options.
1) using their OEM headphones
2) Buying the Sennheiser MM50n(nokia 3,5mm)..this is the only aftermarket headset available i believe.
3) Buying a seperate compatible handsfree adapter

For samsung galaxy s the volume controls on the adapters wont work either. Because samsung also uses the plug for putting out video.

Anyway something to consider when looking to buy a new smartphone. :)

You're absolutely right!  Most of these headsets sadly are made to work with the iphone.  Even the headsets at Bestbuy are all made for the iphone.  Like there are no other smartphones other than the iphone!

May 20, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #43 of 44
This looks like an old thread, but I'm looking for alternatives to the EarPods - however, I like the fact that the EarPods don't isolate me too much from my environment, so I'm not looking for In Ear, but more like the earbuds that hang in the ear and still allow ambient sound/noise to leak through.

Aug 16, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #44 of 44
  This looks like an old thread, but I'm looking for alternatives to the EarPods - however, I like the fact that the EarPods don't isolate me too much from my environment, so I'm not looking for In Ear, but more like the earbuds that hang in the ear and still allow ambient sound/noise to leak through.

Too bad this is an old thread.  I'm looking for same thing: best SQ in a non-isolating in-ear/earbud headphone with phone/volume functions. Have used old Bose ones with the flexible plastic fittings to hold them in my ears and they worked very well but new versions, the SoundSport line, sound thinner and sharp in the treble.  Have really liked the SQ in several over the ear HP's (Sennheiser, Audeze Sine) but they are too isolating and big for using while doing chores around the house. Will post here if I start a new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back