Comply T-400 Review - Pillows For Your Ears!
Jul 11, 2011 at 6:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Landis

Headphoneus Supremus
[size=16.0pt]Comply T-400 Review[/size]

[size=12.0pt]At my first Head-Fi meet, I had discussed with FallenAngel that, despite recently purchasing a pair of Sennheiser IE6s, I was about to dismiss IEMs as I couldn’t find a decent fit from the tips provided and experienced the same with other IEMs I had tried; he recommended I try some foamies. After having the opportunity to review a pair of Monster Turbine Pro Gold IEMs, Nate from Comply made a post entertaining the idea of Comply sending out some review samples and I then pursued! Boy, I’m glad I did.[/size]

[size=12.0pt]Comply claims that these foam tips are thirty times softer than your standard silicone tip, and at first, thirty times sounds a wee bit ridiculous as most of us have experienced memory foam in some form such as headband rests, ear pads or wrist rests, which are pretty soft, but the Comply foam is softer than Sean Penn’s heart. Imagine a gooey chocolate chip cookie for your ears… Just not as messy.[/size]

[size=12.0pt]I didn’t find the outside noise isolation to be notably better than the included smaller Monster triple-flange, which I received a good fit from, but comfort increased and so did the actual fit. I found with the Monster triple-flange that if I smiled or started laughing, the tip would loosen its hold, but with the Comply T-400, I was free to any facial expression I could ever want! Another bonus I found was the actual removal of the tip from my ear canal, where with other tips I would experience some discomfort or even find in a few cases that the tip was removed from the IEM and left in my ear, the Comply tips could be removed even more easily than when they’re inserted. While walking or riding my stationary bike, I found the fit to hold up just fine and I’m confident that these would remain comfortable and in place through intensive exercise. [/size]Comply also gives you an option to customize your order with different colours and your choice of sizing or, what I'd recommend, the mix of the three different sizes.

[size=12.0pt]In regards to sound quality, I found the bass to be more prominent than with the Monster triple-flange, indicating that the seal was definitely better than what I was previously experiencing; nothing really noticeable on the mids or highs.[/size]

[size=12.0pt]If you’re buying a pair of even basic hi-fi IEMs that you’ll be using on the plane, bus, walking, at the gym, office or even at home, I can’t see why you wouldn’t spend that extra $15 for the added comfort and the perfect fit-- absolutely recommended to those who hate IEM tips and fit. Dang it, Comply, you’ve made a return customer out of me![/size]

[size=12.0pt]Super-conclusion: 8.5/10, they’re like pillows for your ear canal![/size]

[size=12.0pt]Evan[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back