Comply foam tips P-series longevity?
Aug 13, 2014 at 7:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LeoTheAwesome

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys. 

I have a brand new Shure se535, loving it!!! I do however think that the foam tips are abit too short, had the same problem with my Shure se214LTD.

I got a Comply Foam P-series. Have only read good thing about it. Many people say that its lifetime is quite short. How long would a pack of 3 pairs last for?

Thanks 
Leo

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #2 of 3
I am a big fan of Comply tips, but their longevity depends on many factors. I always wear my IEM's when working out, and have found the sweat wears out Comply tips pretty quick. I love the luxurious feel and isolation of the Comply tips, so now I just use them for home listening, and use Westone star tips for working out. Side note: when the adhesive goes on a Comply tip, it GOES, and you can end up with the foam in your ear canal. Best to carry a pair of tweezers! All in all, a great tip, if a little temperamental.

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #3 of 3
I am a big fan of Comply tips, but their longevity depends on many factors. I always wear my IEM's when working out, and have found the sweat wears out Comply tips pretty quick. I love the luxurious feel and isolation of the Comply tips, so now I just use them for home listening, and use Westone star tips for working out. Side note: when the adhesive goes on a Comply tip, it GOES, and you can end up with the foam in your ear canal. Best to carry a pair of tweezers! All in all, a great tip, if a little temperamental.

ummm... I do work out about 3 to 4 times a week. And i sweat like crazy!!!!

I will not be changing the tips from the IEMs every time i work out, its kind of a mission to replace the tips on a Shure se535, also you may hear the horror stories about the 535s breaking the tips while people replace the foams. They are the tightest MFs iv ever had! 

Thanks for the tweezers tip, ill keep one in my car at all times just in case. 

Just as a "guesstimation", i work out 3-4 times a week and i use IEMs about 2 hours every week day. I also sleep with them every so often... what would you say? Just wanna have a rough idea.

Besides the adhesive, what happens if they are old? I had my Shure se215TLD for a while and i don't see anything wrong with the included foam tips. 

I really hope that they are as good as people say, I haven't seen any person that does not like it. The only complaint around is the lifetime really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back