Comply didn't work. What now?
Dec 9, 2013 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sinocelt

Headphoneus Supremus
I've got big ear canals. I bought the Bluebuds X and, unsurprisingly, I lose the seal rather easily, even with the largest of the provided tips. I tried the Comply foam tips (Tsx-500, Tx-500, S-500), with even worse results: Tsx-500 and Tx-500 barely provided a seal and were ruined in a couple of weeks (I was going to the gym daily, sweating like the proverbial pig). As for their "sports" model, the S-500, for some reason it is smaller than the other two, even though all were labeled as large: I couldn't get a seal at all.

I thought about buying custom silicone tips, but I'm afraid those will make the Bluebuds X very hard to swivel (I wear them with the cable over my ears, most often, but need to switch to downward cable when I get a call, to move the microphone closer to my mouth). 

Any tip on tips?

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #4 of 5

Shure Olives? Westone Star tips? Sony Hybrid tips? Dunno about size

Size does matter. None of those three (two of which I already own) would fit.

Have you tried the triple-flange Ety's?  I don't know about you, but that last flange ought to take care of just about anybody's ears.

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #5 of 5

Have you tried the triple-flange Ety's?  

• Like the Shure olives, they wouldn't fit. 
  • They're also too small to seal my ears.

The Shure black foam "olive" tips, Westone star tips, and all Etymōtic tips are what Comply calls size 100 tips, while I need size 500 tips (as I specified in my opening post).

I know you all want to help, and I thank you for that, but be careful when you give advice, as some people may just buy whatever tips you recommend, only to realize after having received them that they can't even put them on their earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back