Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Aug 29, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #2,478 of 4,373
  After watching this guy's video review of the HP50, I have to agree they look very much like nerd-cans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-0fO8VgqpQ

Yep, just sold mine as I couldn't wear them in public, just felt too self-conscious. Great sound, kind of goofy look, but for home use, I couldn't give a rats ass about the looks, sound rules there. Sadly for the HP 50s, I needed something even more capable for home use so I couldn't keep them even for that purpose.

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #2,479 of 4,373
If you get the mofi I will enjoy your review. They look interesting to me too.

I broke down and ordered the Fidelio L2 from Amazon Japan due to a great price $250CAD so probably around $300 landed. So will be posting some impressions when they arrive.

I am tempted to give them a go...might order them next week. I shall report back if I do. Great deal on the L2s...let us know what you think. 
smile.gif

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #2,480 of 4,373
Which would have the best soundstage/ open and spacious feel among the top contenders here? Especially interested in your ranking od the P7, Momentum and HP50!

I found the P7s had an edge over the HP50s and then Momentums.

Aug 30, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #2,481 of 4,373
Yep, just sold mine as I couldn't wear them in public, just felt too self-conscious. Great sound, kind of goofy look, but for home use, I couldn't give a rats ass about the looks, sound rules there. Sadly for the HP 50s, I needed something even more capable for home use so I couldn't keep them even for that purpose.

That's exactly why I returned mine.

Sep 3, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #2,482 of 4,373
i am happy to report that i got the thinksound on1 yesterday, so now i am ready to do a review of two on ears missing here: aedle vk1 and the on1. as i do own the m500, hp50 also and remember the momentums quite well, i hope to be able to integrate my reviews here and reffer to the excellent reviews of macedonian hero.

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #2,483 of 4,373
i am happy to report that i got the thinksound on1 yesterday, so now i am ready to do a review of two on ears missing here: aedle vk1 and the on1. as i do own the m500, hp50 also and remember the momentums quite well, i hope to be able to integrate my reviews here and reffer to the excellent reviews of macedonian hero.

Looking forward to your impressions! (especially in comparison with the m500's)

Sep 4, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #2,485 of 4,373
Well, I picked up a pair today of the newly released QC25s. They are very similar to the already excellent QC15s. I'll do some A-Bing them with my current portable headphones on hand (QC15, XS, T51p) and then I'll update them there. 

In case anyone is interested in a great deal on the QC15s (or the equally impressive MDR-10RNCs), please see my signature. 
redface.gif

Sep 4, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #2,488 of 4,373
  Well, I picked up a pair today of the newly released QC25s. They are very similar to the already excellent QC15s. I'll do some A-Bing them with my current portable headphones on hand (QC15, XS, T51p) and then I'll update them there. 

In case anyone is interested in a great deal on the QC15s (or the equally impressive MDR-10RNCs), please see my signature. 
redface.gif

QC25!? 
eek.gif
 I had no idea that existed. I just picked up a pair of QC15... maybe I should've waited. The QC20i has excellent noise cancelling, even better than the QC15, so if they incorporated some of that updated technology into the QC25, it would set the bar even higher.

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #2,490 of 4,373
  There's also a Philips NC headphone now...

I saw that. We'll see how that performs. What I can say about both the QC15s and QC25s is that their comfort and NC ability is un-rivaled. The Sony MDR-10RNCs do come close though. I might give them a run too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back