Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Jan 24, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #1,336 of 4,373
  Oh, man... The aesthetics... 
blink.gif

eek.gif

I would rather be caught with my pants down in public than wearing those. I don't care if they sound like the SR009.

Jan 24, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #1,338 of 4,373

eek.gif

I would rather be caught with my pants down in public than wearing those. I don't care if they sound like the SR009.

I think anything this guy wears isn't going to show off the headphones very well. I seriously doubt even the P7s would look good on him either (I keed, I keed):

Not claiming to be a headphone model (far from it), but here they are on my head:

Not that bad looking headphones IMO. BTW, can you tell I'm a Floyd fan?

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #1,340 of 4,373
Not really. You have to look out for the hinges. A headphone like the Momentum will pretty much never break given the simplicity of the design. Nothing rotates much.

Now something more difficult and complicated like the MDR 1R has more things you can break.

The actual materials are important, but design flaws are bad flaws indeed.

You really have a great answer for me.
By the way, which headphone do you think is the best designed?

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #1,342 of 4,373
  Well, looks like the next few weeks are going to be very busy...got a pair of NAD Viso HP50s here too to add. That makes 3 headphones to be added (along with the B&O H6s and Monster DNA Pros). These are outstanding headphones. Seriously good (like towards the top of my ranking). 

Stoked you got a pair of the HP50. I was really hoping it would make it into the comparison. I know you enjoy your hobby but I really do appreciate how you keep updating this review...my wallet, on the other hand--that's a completely different story. 

Edit: Oh, and by the way, I vote for you getting "Contributor" status for this thread! 

Jan 25, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #1,346 of 4,373
I think anything this guy wears isn't going to show off the headphones very well. I seriously doubt even the P7s would look good on him either (I keed, I keed):

Not claiming to be a headphone model (far from it), but here they are on my head:

Not that bad looking headphones IMO. BTW, can you tell I'm a Floyd fan?

My god. This guy has a really big head

Jan 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #1,347 of 4,373
Not when listening, just when moving them and adjusting them. The isolation is only tolerable, and the clamp is so light that its difficult to keep them on your head.

On another note, MH, P7 vs H6: Which has less bass and the lager soundstage?

Anyone here hear the Beyer T51p?

Jan 25, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #1,348 of 4,373
Not when listening, just when moving them and adjusting them. The isolation is only tolerable, and the clamp is so light that its difficult to keep them on your head.

On another note, MH, P7 vs H6: Which has less bass and the lager soundstage?

Anyone here hear the Beyer T51p?

Agreed on your assessments of the M500s...the reason I sold them was their lack of good isolation (something really important for a pair of closed portable headphones IMO).

The P7s definitely have more bass, but the H6's have more air and a wider soundstage. 

Haven't heard the T51p yet, that said, I'm a bit leery of on-ear headphones and their ability to isolate well or hurt my ears when wearing glasses (the DT1350s were torture devices).

Jan 25, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #1,349 of 4,373
Jan 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #1,350 of 4,373
  Stoked you got a pair of the HP50. I was really hoping it would make it into the comparison. I know you enjoy your hobby but I really do appreciate how you keep updating this review...my wallet, on the other hand--that's a completely different story. 

Edit: Oh, and by the way, I vote for you getting "Contributor" status for this thread! 

They are really great headphones. Very natural sounding and I would say more "neutral" than the P7s. Sorry about your wallet, due to this thread, mine's taken a bit of a licking too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back