Comparison of Sennheiser Amperior, Beyerdynamic DT-1350, Martin Logan Micros 90. And Yamaha HPH-200 (or, how I spent my winter vacation)
Mar 3, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #31 of 41
I guess stay with Amperior then. Money saved, for now. :D Hahaha...

Mar 3, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #32 of 41
Having said that, I just got my 2nd Mikros as a back up, the Mikros threat is awash with mods, not too handy so afraid I may mess them up so got a backup, they are so inexpensive now, seemed worth it...

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #34 of 41
+1! Don't be a wimp doc! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 15, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #35 of 41
But I am wimp when it omes to this sort of stuff...to give you n idea, my WIFE hangs pictures in the house, LOL:)
I'm sure I'd rip up the wires ,find ways to mess them up NOBODY's ever done before! I do have a 2nd pair, I read something on the thread about unit to unit variation...always figured there must be some in general, could be part (along with many other variables) of why people hear the same model phones so differently. Also busy as can be, working tomorrow, probably part of Sunday, have a list of many Must Do items I don't get to do...also, listening to the main rig more, replaced my ancient, finally dead Krell preamp ! Got a Peachtree preamp/DA converter, sweetest sounds I've heard in a while.

Mar 15, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #36 of 41
I hear ya! No need to do anything until you have some time and feel motivated. If, i mean when, you do it, just take the right pad and cover off (carefully).Take a look, feel proud of your accomplishment, and then put it back together. Within a week you will then be diving in like a modster lol!

Mar 15, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #37 of 41
OK Wayne, there are a few versions of the mods, what supplies do I need to get and what is the safest mod with good results (trying to benefit from your experience so far)
I hear ya! No need to do anything until you have some time and feel motivated. If, i mean when, you do it, just take the right pad and cover off (carefully).Take a look, feel proud of your accomplishment, and then put it back together. Within a week you will then be diving in like a modster lol!

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #39 of 41
Ok, been occupied with work and iem's, like the improvement with the Pipeline cable, probably always have fit issues (must be my ears, have trouble with iem fit as well). Looking forward to the latest/greatest mod!

Apr 9, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #40 of 41
Interesting thread as I just bought the Mikros off newegg as a Shell Shocker for $58.  I also own the DT-1350, Amperior, and V-Moda M80.  I haven't even opened the Mikros box yet due to being busy at work.  I bought the DT-1350s used only a month ago and think they take the M80 sig up a level.  I'll probably end up selling the M80s.  Can't way to hear the Mikros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back